Answered on June 10,2018
For updating your name in marriage certificate, you need to get a notarized affidavit. It will cost you around INR 300 - 500 for notarization. You also need to make a demand draft of Rs. 100/- in favor of COMPILER, GOVERNMENT CENTRAL PRESS, BANGALORE for the charges related to name change.
In total, you will require around INR 500 to get your name updated in marriage certificate.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How do I check if my daughter's name is changed before divorce and without her consent? State: Karnataka City. Write Answer
- I am from goa and my marriage is registered in goa, and my husband is from Karnataka. After marriage i am staying with my husband in sirsi, i want to shift my ids from goa to sirsi address but sirsi governtment offices are not accepting marriage certificate. Why? Write Answer
- In how many days the incentives will come for intercaste marriage? Write Answer
- How many days it will take for intercaste marriage amount to transfer our account in Karnataka? Write Answer
- I have applied for registered marriage in Karnataka. They have asked for the 10th marksheet and community certificate but I have lost my 10th mark sheet and I have Xerox copy attested by government officials. İs xerox ok or else I have to reapply for the original? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.