Answered on May 20,2018
It will take around 30-35 working days to get your vehicle re-registered in Bangalore.
As per the Karnataka Motor Vehicle Act 1957, vehicles migrating from other States are required to obtain re-registration mark of Karnataka State within 11 months from the date of arrival into Karnataka State.
Before you bring your vehicle to Bangalore, NOC from parent RTO is required to be obtained. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the original Registered Transport Office in CMV Form 28 is to be taken.
The vehicle owner shall produce the following documents for re-registration of vehicle in Bangalore.
- FORM 28
Before you bring your car to Bangalore, NOC from parent RTO is required to be obtained. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the original Registered Transport Office in Form 28 is to be taken. This form is to request parent RTO for NOC.
- FORM KMV- T – 14
This form is required for Life Time Tax (LTT) calculation. The Original Invoice and NOC should be accompanied with this.
- Form KMV 27
This form is required for informing RTO about migration of your vehicle to Karnataka.
- Form CMV 33
This form is required for informing RTO about change of address of your vehicle.
- Form CMV 27
This form is required for obtaining the Karnataka Registration mark.
- State Crime Record Bureau (SCRB) report – can be obtained from 7th Floor, MS Building, KR Circle and costs about Rs 20
- RC book
- Tax card with proof of payment of tax
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- Consent of financier (if applicable)
- Fitness Certificate and permit in case of transport vehicle
- Purchase invoice (for RTO to arrive at tax amount)
- Three passport size photographs
- ID Proof of applicant (Pan card/Voter ID card/Passport ID/Ration card)
- Present Address Proof (Rental agreement, Employee contract letter)
- Electricity or telephone bill of local premises
- Self addressed postal envelope with adequate stampage (for RTO to mail documents)
- Form KMV 14 –This form is required for payment of tax. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
- I own a bike registered under Kerala Adoor RTO. For a short duration of time, I was in Bangalore. During that time, I paid the road tax in Janbharathi ( KA41), Bangalore for lifetime tax.Now its time for reregistration of bike. In the Parivahan website, its showing vehicle is registered under two RTO's.How to cancel the registration details from Bangalore RTO? The registration number is still KL only.
- When to convert old book form driving license to card form ?
- Is it necessary to convert book form driving License to Card form ?
- How to register other state vehicles in Kerala ?
- How to get NOC for other state vehicles to Kerala ?
- What precautions to be taken to bring car from other states ?
- How to cancel online application from vahan website ?