How much time will it take to get your vehicle re registered in Bangalore ?
It will take around 30-35 working days to get your vehicle re-registered in Bangalore.
As per the Karnataka Motor Vehicle Act 1957, vehicles migrating from other States are required to obtain re-registration mark of Karnataka State within 11 months from the date of arrival into Karnataka State.
Before you bring your vehicle to Bangalore, NOC from parent RTO is required to be obtained. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the original Registered Transport Office in CMV Form 28 is to be taken.
The vehicle owner shall produce the following documents for re-registration of vehicle in Bangalore.
- FORM 28
Before you bring your car to Bangalore, NOC from parent RTO is required to be obtained. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the original Registered Transport Office in Form 28 is to be taken. This form is to request parent RTO for NOC.
- FORM KMV- T – 14
This form is required for Life Time Tax (LTT) calculation. The Original Invoice and NOC should be accompanied with this.
- Form KMV 27
This form is required for informing RTO about migration of your vehicle to Karnataka.
- Form CMV 33
This form is required for informing RTO about change of address of your vehicle.
- Form CMV 27
This form is required for obtaining the Karnataka Registration mark.
- State Crime Record Bureau (SCRB) report – can be obtained from 7th Floor, MS Building, KR Circle and costs about Rs 20
- RC book
- Tax card with proof of payment of tax
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- Consent of financier (if applicable)
- Fitness Certificate and permit in case of transport vehicle
- Purchase invoice (for RTO to arrive at tax amount)
- Three passport size photographs
- ID Proof of applicant (Pan card/Voter ID card/Passport ID/Ration card)
- Present Address Proof (Rental agreement, Employee contract letter)
- Electricity or telephone bill of local premises
- Self addressed postal envelope with adequate stampage (for RTO to mail documents)
- Form KMV 14 –This form is required for payment of tax. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I am from Maharashtra, currently living in Goa.I want to buy 2nd hand vehicle which is Goa state registered. I only have lease agreement of flat as address proof. But RTO is asking for election card as a proof. So what shall i do to transfer ownership of vehicle on my name?
I have bought 2014 model Ford EcoSport three days back and is planning to go to Bengaluru. I have transferred car to my name. How much tax I need to deposit for invoice amount 738389.43 . Also, How the refund will be provided to the person from whom I have bought ?
I want to move my i20 car from Noida to Bangalore, for how long can I drive my car in Bangalore without obtaining NOC from Noida RTO, and without paying Karnataka road-tax and without changing number? Is it possible/advisable to not get the NOC? Also, will I be able to drive it to nearby states in Tamilnadu and Kerala?
I have a swift LDI 2008 registered in Delhi. I purchased it in 2017 year based on an affidavit and got NOC issued from RTO Delhi for RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). Somehow I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Till date the ownership is not in my name. Now is there any way to get the ownership transferred to my name in Delhi or Alwar. I have insurance, RC, Affidavit, Pollution & NOC. Pls suggest some way.