Answered on September 23,2019
Few of the state governments in India allow online application of birth certificates. Details of them are provided below.
If you belong to any of these States, check the website of that particular State whether they allow search and download of birth certificate. For example, Government of Kerala allows searching of the birth records based on Date of Birth,Gender and Mother’s Name as shown below.
So even if you lose the birth certificate , you can search for it and download it, provided your State digitised the birth records.
Answered on December 03,2019
If you are from Kerala, you can get birth certificate online as mentioned in the video below.
- How to change name in birth certificate in Tamil Nadu? Write Answer
- I’m in 10th grade currently. What should I answer to the question education qualification while filling the passport seva form? Write Answer
- How can I add surname in my son's birth certificate in Mumbai? Write Answer
- My mom was born in 1960. She doesn't have birth certificate. She has PAN , Adhaar, some old Xerox of marksheet, our registered rent agreement. But police is asking for birth certificate for Passport. What should I do? Write Answer
- I have applied for new passport. For police verification parents passport/birth certificate/school leaving certificate is required. My parents lost their leaving certificate and their birth was not registered. Is there any other document I can submit? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.