Answered on April 16,2022
Power of attorney is a legal document that allows you to appoint someone, for example a lawyer, to act on your behalf in specified matters
Below is the step by step procedure to give Power of Attorney (POA) to USA from India
Step 1: Prepare POA draft in word format, a draft looks like below image (POA draft varies based on your need, we prepared the below draft to sell property in USA)
Step 2: Print the draft on normal A4 size paper
Step 3: Carry the following documents to notary public near you in India
- Printer Power of Attorney
- Passport original and one photocopy
Notary public reads the POA and verifies passport copy
Step 4: Principal signs the POA in front of notary
Notary seals and signs the POA. Notary makes an entry in notary book
Below notarized POA for your reference.
Step 5: Send the notarized POA to your agent In USA
This completed the procedure to give POA to US resident from India.
We provide assistance to execute POA in India. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.