Answered on October 22,2022
Below is the step-by-step procedure to execute power of attorney in United kingdom for using in India
1. Draft : Prepare the draft in word format.
2. Print: Print the draft on the normal A4 size paper. Attach your passport-size photo on last page of GPA.
3. Notary: Meet the notary near you in united kingdom and attest the GPA from notary
4. Transit: Send the GPA to your attorney holder in Inida
5. Adjudication: Your attorney should carry the following documents to District registrar's office to adjudicate the Power of Attorney (POA).
Adjudication should be done in the jurisdiction of where the property is located.
- Original Power of Attorney (which came from united kingdom)
- ID proof of you and your attorney holder in India
- Stamp duty challan
- Requisition letter for adjudication
- Sale deed copy (for selling the property. if buying, ignore this)
District Registrar office (DRO)
- DRO verified POA, ID proofs, stamp duty payment.
- DRO adjudicates the POA.
This completes the procedure to execute Power of Attorney in United kingdom for using in India
In the below real example, the brother lives in UK, gives GPA to his brother in India, for selling a property in kolar, India.
We followed the above procedure to execute below GPA, GPA holer sold the property using this GPA.
We provide end-to-end assistance to execute Power of Attorney. To opt for our service, please WhatsApp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- Is US notarized poa registered in district registrar office in India valid with out embassy attestation? Write Answer
- How to give poa from India to UAE to a friend? I'm Indian national my passport is expired and i can't travel to UAE? Write Answer
- What are the requirements and formalities for getting the POA drafted and attested in UAE? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.