Answered on February 27,2019
Follow the below step to cancel e-ticket
- Login using your account on www.irctc.co.in
- On the top menu bar you will see 'MY ACCOUNT'
- Under 'MY ACCOUNT', there is sub menu 'My Transactions'
- Under 'My Transactions', there is sub menu 'Booked Ticket History'.
- Please click on 'Booked Ticket History' and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled.
Note: E-Tickets can be cancelled on the internet till Chart preparation of the train. Cancellations are not allowed at face to face Railway Counters. If the user wishes to cancel his e-Ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the train.
For more details, you can check this link for the procedure on cancellation of E-tickets.
- I lost my old irtc number. But emails are same. How to add new mobile no? Write Answer
- Is Forex Trading Legal In India? Write Answer
- I want to delete my old IRCTC account to create a new account. Old previous account which I forgotten was connected to my mobile No and IRCTC does not allow to Re-registered with the same no. What to do? Write Answer
- How to recover my user id as I have forgotten it? Write Answer
- How can i know my birth numer, boggie number if my Pqwl status is now changed and it shows cnf ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.