Answered on January 24,2018
E-Tickets (Reservations) can be cancelled only through online till Chart preparation of the train and it is not allowed at face to face Railway Counters. If the user wishes to cancel his e-Ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the train through the Internet. He can log on to www.services.irctc.co.in and go to Booked Tickets link and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled. Cancellation would be confirmed online and the refund would be credited back to the account used for booking as for normal Internet tickets. If there is any partial cancellation of ticket please ensure that the modified ticket (Electronic Reservation Slip) is printed separately as for the original ticket.
Answered on February 27,2019
Follow the below step to cancel e-ticket
- Login using your account on www.irctc.co.in
- On the top menu bar you will see 'MY ACCOUNT'
- Under 'MY ACCOUNT', there is sub menu 'My Transactions'
- Under 'My Transactions', there is sub menu 'Booked Ticket History'.
- Please click on 'Booked Ticket History' and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled.
Note: E-Tickets can be cancelled on the internet till Chart preparation of the train. Cancellations are not allowed at face to face Railway Counters. If the user wishes to cancel his e-Ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the train.
For more details, you can check this link for the procedure on cancellation of E-tickets.
- I want to delete my old IRCTC account to create a new account. Old previous account which I forgotten was connected to my mobile No and IRCTC does not allow to Re-registered with the same no. What to do? Write Answer
- How to recover my user id as I have forgotten it? Write Answer
- How can i know my birth numer, boggie number if my Pqwl status is now changed and it shows cnf ? Write Answer
- I have booked my ticket, payment also done but i didn't get ticket on IRCTC App or any mail? Write Answer
- How to change my state in IRCTC account? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
SEHEER A KADER OTTAYIL
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.