Answered on January 24,2018
E-Tickets (Reservations) can be cancelled only through online till Chart preparation of the train and it is not allowed at face to face Railway Counters. If the user wishes to cancel his e-Ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the train through the Internet. He can log on to www.services.irctc.co.in and go to Booked Tickets link and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled. Cancellation would be confirmed online and the refund would be credited back to the account used for booking as for normal Internet tickets. If there is any partial cancellation of ticket please ensure that the modified ticket (Electronic Reservation Slip) is printed separately as for the original ticket.
Answered on February 27,2019
Follow the below step to cancel e-ticket
- Login using your account on www.irctc.co.in
- On the top menu bar you will see 'MY ACCOUNT'
- Under 'MY ACCOUNT', there is sub menu 'My Transactions'
- Under 'My Transactions', there is sub menu 'Booked Ticket History'.
- Please click on 'Booked Ticket History' and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled.
Note: E-Tickets can be cancelled on the internet till Chart preparation of the train. Cancellations are not allowed at face to face Railway Counters. If the user wishes to cancel his e-Ticket, he can do so till the time of chart preparation for the train.
For more details, you can check this link for the procedure on cancellation of E-tickets.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- I have booked 2 Tickets. The Train Departure Time is 06:20 PM onthis Day. Chart is not yet prepared.I'm in Waiting list 5. Will my Tickets get Confirmed or not? Write Answer
- How to download counter ticket online? I am traveling only with photo of ticket. Ticket collector is charging me. Write Answer
- Is there any chance to get waiting list tatkal ticket to get confirm? Write Answer
- I lost my old irtc number. But emails are same. How to add new mobile no? Write Answer
- I want to delete my old IRCTC account to create a new account. Old previous account which I forgotten was connected to my mobile No and IRCTC does not allow to Re-registered with the same no. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.