Answered on September 19,2019
The eleven-month period starts from the date of entry of your vehicle in Bangalore. So, it is better to keep toll receipts or other relevant documents with you to prove that your vehicle is plying within the 11 month period.
Fine for Road Tax Non-PaymentAs per Section 177 of the Motor Vehicle Act, General Provision for Punishment of Offences is provided below.
"Whoever contravenes any provision of this Act or of any rule, regulation or notification made thereunder shall, if no penalty is provided for the offence be punishable for the first offence with fine which may extend to one hundred rupees, and for any second or subsequent offence with fine which may extend to three hundred rupees."
As per the amendments in Motor Vehicle Act on Sept 2019, General provisions for punishment of offences (for offences not specified) is increased to Rs. 500/- for the first offence Rs. 1,500/- for second and subsequent offence.
In addition to it, traffic police can also detain your vehicle as well.
NOC is not a requirement for payment of Road Tax.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- What is the process of obtaining a new RC for my car in Bangalore? I am bringing it from Lucknow, and I have obtained an NOC. Can I get some assistance from agents? Write Answer
- I have a KA registered vehicle and was fined for over speeding in Kerala (Kozhikode RTO). it is showing as blacklisted in parivahan website, How do i make the payment and clear it? Write Answer
- Whether noc is required for transfer of ownership of vehicle same city from one RTO to another in Karnataka? Write Answer
- What are the steps I need to take to get my vehicle registered in Karnataka and complete all associated formalities? My vehicle is relocating from West Bengal to Karnataka Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.