Answered on March 04,2019
NOC is not required now for driving license renewal.
Earlier, NOC was obtained to check authenticity of the license. This practice was adopted when the license was issued in manual mode/regime. Now, all driving licenses are issued following an IT-based application system and the details are verifiable from the database online. So there is no need for seeking an NOC for verification of such details as per the provisions of Motor vehicles act 1988.
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- I have a swift LDI 2008 registered in Delhi. I purchased it in 2017 year based on an affidavit and got NOC issued from RTO Delhi for RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). Somehow I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Till date the ownership is not in my name. Now is there any way to get the ownership transferred to my name in Delhi or Alwar. I have insurance, RC, Affidavit, Pollution & NOC. Pls suggest some way.
- I got the NOC from Pune, Maharashtra and moved to Hyderabad, Telangana. I haven't re-registered my vehicle in six months in Hyderabad. So by default, that NOC is not valid now. And now, I'm transferring back to Mumbai, Maharashtra. So now what procedure do I need to follow?. Shall I get the NOC canceled from Pune RTO and keep it registered in Pune itself or should I re-register my vehicle in Mumbai RTO?
- I purchased a 2008 model Delhi registered car in 2017. I got NOC issued from it in RTO Delhi for RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). However, I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Agents in Delhi RTO informed me that NOC can't be canceled in any way since the car is diesel and registered in 2008. So it's blacklisted in Delhi because it has crossed 2018 though the RC says 2023. What to do now?
- My RC is lost. My car is registered to Pune MH 12 and I have NOC for Bangalore RTO. I need to cancel NOC from Pune RTO. How can I get non-utilization certificate from Bangalore RTO?
- Can I ride my TN registered bike in Karnataka without an NOC. If I do not wish to re-register, am I eligible to ride my bike without NOC?. Is there any other documents required to ride it in Karnataka? Does traffic police have the right to ask for the NOC? What is the fine amount if I ride without an NOC (if at all it is an offence) I heard from traffic police that the fine can be paid only in court. And vehicle should be got from there only. Is that true?
- After receiving the NOC from Bengaluru for moving the vehicle to Chennai for reregistration and name transfer, it is noticed that that the chassis number is stated wrongly in the RC smart card and NOC as well as in the original RC book issued in 2005. Can the vehicle be registered in Chennai based on correct chassis number stated in the original invoice of the car and Chassis pencil print and physical verification by Chennai RTO? Or is the rectification in NOC to be done by Bengaluru RTO? Does it involve issue of non utilisation certificate by Chennai RTO and payment of road tax in Chennai for the same?
- My vehicle is on my Mrs name. My wife can't go to RTO. I have all documents RC, pollution Certificate,Insurance, NOC from the financier.How can I get the NOC from RTO?
- To change address in my driving license , I got NOC from Coimbatore North RTO office in Tamilnadu to Guruvayoor Sub RTO Kerala. Now i want to cancel it. what to do?
- I am transferring my car from Bangalore to Hyderabad. I am closing my loan and planning to apply for NOC. How much time will it take for the NOC to be issued ? Will it be delivered to address given in Form 28 or do I have to collect it personally ? Also, as i am closing the loan do i need to first apply for hypothetication removal before applying NOC or i can directly apply for NOC ?