Answered on May 15,2018
Any person who has gone to the wedding of couple can be a witness in the marriage certificate form. He/ She should carry proper Identification and address proof with them. Witnesses can also be blood relative from each of bride’s and groom’s side. However, it is preferred not to have immediate blood relatives.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- I am in the USA. My 2 green card through marriage / investment is lost/stolen/destroyed. What should I do?
- I am in the USA. My 2 year green card through marriage has expired. What should I do?
- My AP comes from an I-485 filed on the basis of marriage to a US citizen or LPR. May I travel without my spouse?
- We have different religions and different religion marriage is banned in my country. So we should pursue the fiance petition right?
- We are a same sex couple and same sex marriage is banned in my country. So we should pursue the fiance petition right?
- Do I need to submit my marriage license with my other supporting documentation due to changing my name for US Passport?
- Is the bill from the convention centre required to get marriage certificate? My parents are married for 25 years. All other documents were submitted but the officer is asking for a bill (25 years old) with a bill number. What should be done?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
See more contributors
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.