Answered on December 10,2017
Yes, there might be some nominal charges incurred to get the Aadhar updated/ changed.
However Rs. 200 is a huge amount. The charges incurred are nominal such as Rs. 30/- if done from an authorized Aadhar centre. Also, you will not have to pay a single penny if you get your Aadhar updated online, through the government portal.
The government portal for downloading the Aadhar online and absolutely free of cost is https://uidai.gov.in/. You need to simply visit the portal and look under ‘Aadhar enrollment’ for the ‘download Aadhar’ option.
Answered on January 29,2019
From January 2019, Aadhar update fee is INR 50.
- Can I open a bank account without a PAN Card?
- DigiLocker is asking me to link Aadhaar. After entering my Aadhaar number it shows "This Aadhaar number is already linked to another DigiLocker account.” What to do ?
- How to change my Aadhaar in Digilocker?
- My aadhaar number has 12 digits but Digilocker only shows the last 4 digits. What to do?
- Is masked aadhaar in Digilocker accepted by the railways department?
- Can I view my land records in Kerala with my Aadhaar card?
- How can I get the owner details of registered land in Kerala?