Answered on August 22,2019
You can pay road tax any time in Karnataka. NOC is not required for paying Road tax. NOC is required only at time of Vehicle Re-registration and Ownership Transfer.
Regarding re-registration of vehicle, you have 11 month’s time.
I am keeping an excerpt from Official page of Transport Department of Karnataka below.
A Vehicle is not permitted to ply with other state registration mark beyond 11 months from the date of migration . So you should apply and obtain the Karnataka Registration mark before that period.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- What is the process of obtaining a new RC for my car in Bangalore? I am bringing it from Lucknow, and I have obtained an NOC. Can I get some assistance from agents? Write Answer
- I have a KA registered vehicle and was fined for over speeding in Kerala (Kozhikode RTO). it is showing as blacklisted in parivahan website, How do i make the payment and clear it? Write Answer
- Whether noc is required for transfer of ownership of vehicle same city from one RTO to another in Karnataka? Write Answer
- What are the steps I need to take to get my vehicle registered in Karnataka and complete all associated formalities? My vehicle is relocating from West Bengal to Karnataka Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.