Answered on August 23,2019
Age declaration for Voter ID card is required when an applicant meet all the following criteria.
- Applicant is applying for fresh registration for the first time and
- Applicant is above 21 years of age on the qualifying date of the year, i.e. 1 st January, of the year with reference to which electoral roll is being revised /or has been revised
- Applicant's name is not included in the electoral roll anywhere in India
In this case, a declaration has to be given by the applicant in the format as per Annexure III , otherwise his application is liable to be rejected.
Documentary proof of age will be required only in those cases, where age of the applicant is between 18 and 21 years. In all other cases declaration of his age by the applicant will be taken as proof of age.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- What should I select as the relation type of I want to apply for Voter id with the epic of my uncle (blood-related to my father)? My mother and father do not have epic number Write Answer
- How can apply new voter id in tamilnadu and what's are the documents to be needed? Write Answer
- How many days to get corrected epic? Write Answer
- Why I am not able to download my epic which is approved? Write Answer
- How many days take to change adress in voter id by nvsp portal online mode? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.