Answered on September 09,2019
Marriages under Hindu Marriage Act can be registered in the office of the Registrar of Marriage within the jurisdiction of which the marriage has taken place or in the office of Marriage Officer in whose jurisdiction the bride or the bride-groom has been residing for at least six months immediately preceding the date of marriage. Similarly they can be registered by the concerned District Registrar or Deputy Inspector General of Registration.
Marriage under Special Marriage Act can be registered in the office of the Marriage Officer in whose jurisdiction bride or bridegroom resides.
- How to get affidavit of marital status from India for abroad? Write Answer
- My wife working in the UK now. How to register late marriage in Kerala? Write Answer
- In how many days the incentives will come for intercaste marriage? Write Answer
- How many days it will take for intercaste marriage amount to transfer our account in Karnataka? Write Answer
- Can I change my wife's date of birth in the marriage certificate in West Bengal? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.