Answered on January 26,2018
To decide the status of an child of a couple where one of the spouses is a member of Scheduled Caste, the crucial test followed is to determine whether the child has been accepted by the Scheduled Caste community as a member of their community and has been brought up in that surrounding and in that community or not. If the child has been accepted by the Scheduled Caste Community and has been brought up in the surrounding of Scheduled Caste spouse then, the child would be treated as Scheduled Caste. However, each case is to be examined on its merit.
- I wanted my OBC caste certificate for educational purpose. When i tried nadakacheri website, they ask for "school certificate", what is school certificate? ( SSLC or TC or Study certificate). What is it? Write Answer
- I have a caste certificate but I can't find the rd number in that. Is there any other way to find the RD id? Write Answer
- If father is a group B gazetted officer and mother is housewife and income from salary is 9 lakh, whether he is a creamy layer in the OBC certificate purpose in West Bengal? Write Answer
- How can i take off religion and caste from Kerala caste certificate? Write Answer
- When I am applying for OBC certificate, it notifies me that "Service already applied with same CAN number".what should I do now to get my OBC certificate? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.