Answered on February 01,2018
- Death occurred at hospital or house has to be registered before 21 days at the nearest Medical Health Offices of BBMP and Certificate can be obtained.
- After 21 days up to 30th day Death can be registered with a penalty of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty Five only)
- From 31st day to 365 days Death can be registered by producing affidavit with a penalty of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only).
- For more than 365 days, Court Order is required for registration.
- In the normal circumstances one copy of Death Certificate will be issued at the time of discharge by the Hospital Authorities at Free-of-cost
Answered on February 01,2018
If a death occurs at a hospital, a relative should fill Form 2, which the hospital will then send to the BBMP office. The hospital will provide Cause of Death Certificate free-of-cost as soon as the death occurs. The Medical Officer, Health, BBMP will provide the death certificate, which can then be collected at a specified date.
If a death occurs at home, Form 2 can be filled later at the BBMP zonal office. If the death happens while under a doctor's treatment, the doctor would be responsible for giving the certificate free of charge.Applicants have to submit documents including the Cause of Death and cremation certificates at the BBMP zonal office, after which the Medical Officer,Health, BBMP will conduct an inquiry and the certificate will be issued.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
How to get death certificate in Karnataka?A Death Certificate is an official statement confirming the death of a person. A death certificate provides conclusive proof of death of a person along with the place and date of death. Fol..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- How to get a copy of death certificate when you don't have the registered number of the death certificate in Karnataka? Write Answer
- If a person died in Karnataka state but if that person belongs to Andhra Pradesh state, where can I get a death certificate? Write Answer
- Who is authorise to sign the application related to issue of death certificate in Bangalore? Write Answer
- How to search my great grand father death certificate in Karnataka ? I don't have any details about him. Only his name and his father's name is available. Write Answer
- How can I change parmanent address in my father's death certificate in Bengaluru Karnataka? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
See more contributors
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.