Answered on September 05,2019
Fitness certificate for vehicles are granted for a period of 15 years at the time of the registration. All vehicles shall carry valid fitness certificate to ply on road. Steps involved in application for renewal of fitness certificate are provided below.
- Apply for renewal of fitness certificate in Form KMV 20. (Check Part II of the pdf for "Application for renewal of Certificate of Fitness")
- Fill up the form with the required details.
- Submit the form along with the following documents.
- Original Registration Certificate
- Copy of Insurance Certificate
- Copy of Road Tax receipt
- Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Copy of Id and Address proof
- Pay the required fee. In the case of two-wheelers, it is INR 200.
- Produce the Vehicle in good condition for inspection at RTO
- After the inspection, if the vehicle complies with the requirements of Chapter VII of the Motor Vehicles Act, the fitness certificate will be renewed. The validity of the renewed fitness certificate is one year.
Answered on September 05,2019
For a Non-Transport Vehicle (Private Vehicles), the Certificate of Fitness is equal to Validity of Registration i.e., 15 years for a new vehicle from the date of issue and 5 years for others from the date Renewal of Registration. For Non-Transport Category, the vehicle should be in good condition as per the details mentioned in the Form 20, 21 or any relevant documents prescribed by MV Act and Rules.
Following documents are required for renewal of fitness certificate.
- Form C.F.R.A for Renewal of Fitness Certificate in case of Transport Vehicle and in case of Non-Transport Vehicle
- Vehicle for physical Inspection by the Inspecting Authority
- Certificate of Registration
- Insurance Certificate
- Pollution under Control Certificate if the vehicle is more than 1 year old.
- Tax payment receipt.
Answered on August 28,2019
The registration of vehicle is treated as valid only if the vehicle has valid certificate of Fitness. In case of Private vehicles the fitness certificates is valid for 15 years and there after renewed at every 5 years. The fitness is checked and certified by the Registering Authority. In case of Transport Vehicles the fitness certificate is issued for a new vehicle for 2 years and subsequently renewed every year. Fitness certificate is issued to check the pollution caused by the emission of smoke from the vehicles, to maintain the vehicle in proper condition and to avoid accidents.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I have purchased a new car and can I travel from Karnataka to Goa with my newly registered car? I have not yet received RC and Number Plate. Can you guide, whether is legal to travel outside of karnataka before receiving RC card and number plate? Write Answer
- How can i get a helping hand for re-registering my vehicle from Chennai to Bengaluru? Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- I have recently bought a new Taigun in Bengaluru and registered in KA03. I want to change my car number in Bengaluru itself. Can you tell me how this can be done? I am ok to re-register again. Please tell me the procedure and expenses thereof. Write Answer
- I have taken NOC from Chennai RTO to Bangalore RTO in 2015. However the NOC was not utilised and I lost all the original documents like RC, road tax payment receipt, NOC copy etc. What options do i have? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.