Answered on September 13,2019
Yes, you can register your marriage anywhere in INDIA. I got married in my hometown but got my marriage registered in Bangalore.
- You will need to provide a valid address proof of you or your spouses residence within BLR city limits.
- You will need to provide age proofs to prove that you both are majors
- You will also need to provide a valid certificate of marriage (not necessarily a registered certificate) from the place where you were married. It is usually a sheet which the person conducting the wedding provides with a signature/seal/registration number along with witnessess. Many instituted places of worship which are run by trusts have this facility.
- In the event of marriage certificate not available. You will need to provide a wedding invitation, photographs from your wedding and two passport photographs of your selves (this incase the webcam is not working).
- You will need two witnesses to sign, preferably atleast one witness who would have signed on the certificate in step 3.
Submit the documents to registrar.
- How to get affidavit of marital status from India for abroad? Write Answer
- My wife working in the UK now. How to register late marriage in Kerala? Write Answer
- In how many days the incentives will come for intercaste marriage? Write Answer
- How many days it will take for intercaste marriage amount to transfer our account in Karnataka? Write Answer
- Can I change my wife's date of birth in the marriage certificate in West Bengal? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.