Answered on October 20,2019
You can change your name by notifying it in Gazette.
Procedure to change your name
- Get a notarized affidavit declaring that you got married and you intend to change your name after marriage.
- Get the demand draft of Rs. 100/- in favor of COMPILER, GOVERNMENT CENTRAL PRESS, BANGALORE for the charges related to name change.
- Write an application to Gazette department requesting name change and also to publish the same in the next issue of the Karnataka Gazette. Address of Gazette department is as follows.
Karnataka Gazette, Department Of Printing, Stationery and Publications, 8th mile, RV College Post, Mysuru road, Bengaluru
- Attach the copy of the following documents along with application and notarized affidavit.
- Marriage Certificate
- Address Proof
- Send the documents to Karnataka Gazette office by registered post.
- You will receive a Gazette notification to your address by registered post within 15 to 20 working days, which can be used as proof of your name change. Please note that Karnataka Gazette department will only publish the name of Government employees in the State Gazette.
At this point, you can notify all the institutions, such as your bank, college and workplace, that your name has changed after marriage.
Answered on October 20,2019
If the name is mentioned incorrectly due to clerical mistake/typing mistake/ink mistake/ambiguity of handwriting etc. then the Registrar of Marriages corrects the same, when the matter is reported to them by way of a written application.
If the mistake is due to the reasons other than above then one needs to make an application to the Registrar of Marriages - who in turn may correct it or refuse the same. In the latter case, the Registrar of Marriages shall have to pass speaking order and that too in writing.
Based on this order, you can file an appeal with the senior official or Registrar General who has been conferred with the powers to pass the further orders. Based on this order, your certificate can be corrected. If you are further aggrieved by the order, you can approach the court of Law and the decision shall be taken by the Hon. Court.
- In how many days the incentives will come for intercaste marriage? Write Answer
- How many days it will take for intercaste marriage amount to transfer our account in Karnataka? Write Answer
- I have applied for registered marriage in Karnataka. They have asked for the 10th marksheet and community certificate but I have lost my 10th mark sheet and I have Xerox copy attested by government officials. İs xerox ok or else I have to reapply for the original? Write Answer
- I have already applied for the incentive for intercaste marriage in Karnataka from Social Welfare Department, some 6 months back. We have not got any amount from the government. What to do? Write Answer
- How much days it will take to get assistance after I apply for the inter-caste marriage scheme? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.