Answered on October 20,2019
You can change your name by notifying it in Gazette.
Procedure to change your name
- Get a notarized affidavit declaring that you got married and you intend to change your name after marriage.
- Get the demand draft of Rs. 100/- in favor of COMPILER, GOVERNMENT CENTRAL PRESS, BANGALORE for the charges related to name change.
- Write an application to Gazette department requesting name change and also to publish the same in the next issue of the Karnataka Gazette. Address of Gazette department is as follows.
Karnataka Gazette, Department Of Printing, Stationery and Publications, 8th mile, RV College Post, Mysuru road, Bengaluru
- Attach the copy of the following documents along with application and notarized affidavit.
- Marriage Certificate
- Address Proof
- Send the documents to Karnataka Gazette office by registered post.
- You will receive a Gazette notification to your address by registered post within 15 to 20 working days, which can be used as proof of your name change. Please note that Karnataka Gazette department will only publish the name of Government employees in the State Gazette.
At this point, you can notify all the institutions, such as your bank, college and workplace, that your name has changed after marriage.
Answered on October 20,2019
If the name is mentioned incorrectly due to clerical mistake/typing mistake/ink mistake/ambiguity of handwriting etc. then the Registrar of Marriages corrects the same, when the matter is reported to them by way of a written application.
If the mistake is due to the reasons other than above then one needs to make an application to the Registrar of Marriages - who in turn may correct it or refuse the same. In the latter case, the Registrar of Marriages shall have to pass speaking order and that too in writing.
Based on this order, you can file an appeal with the senior official or Registrar General who has been conferred with the powers to pass the further orders. Based on this order, your certificate can be corrected. If you are further aggrieved by the order, you can approach the court of Law and the decision shall be taken by the Hon. Court.
- How to get incentive for inter caste married couple from Social Welfare Department in Karnataka?
- How to get Police verification Certificate for marriage alliances from Home Department in Karnataka?
- After marriage does the caste of the spouse change? Wife belongs to 2A category husband belongs to unreserved category.Can I claim 2A as my category for applying for state government job in Karnataka?
- വിവാഹം കഴിഞ്ഞ് പുതിയ വീട് എടുത്തു.husband പഴയ കാർഡ് il ആണു. ഇപ്പൊൾ തൽകാലം എനിക് മാത്രം പുതിയ വീടിലേക് റേഷൻ കാർഡ് apply cheyan പറ്റുമോ? മേൽവിലാസം തെളിയിക്കുന്ന രേഖ ചോദിക്കുന്നുണ്ട് നമ്മൾ സിവിൽ supplies വെബ്സൈറ്റിൽ സ്വയം രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്യുമ്പോൾ എൻ്റെ എല്ലാ രേഖകളും എൻ്റെ സ്വന്തം നാട്ടിലെ address aanu. Marriage certificate വെച്ചാൽ മതിയാകുമോ ?
- If I get married in Maharashtra and my husband stays in UP then from where i get my marriage certificate - in Maharashtra or in UP?
- One lady was divorced having one child. After she remarried the child having her divorced husband name as her last name. Can the child's last name be changed?
- എന്റെ ഭർത്താവിന്റെ വീട്ടിലെ റേഷൻ കാർഡിൽ പേര് ചേർക്കാൻ ബന്ധം തെളിയിക്കുന്ന രേഖയായി കുഞ്ഞിന്റെ ജനന സർട്ടിഫിക്കറ്റ് മതിയാവുമോ? വിവാഹ സർട്ടിഫിക്കറ്റ് നഷ്ടപ്പെട്ടു അതു വീണ്ടു കിട്ടാൻ എന്താണ് ചെയ്യേണ്ടത്?