Answered on October 20,2019
You can change your name by notifying it in Gazette.
Procedure to change your name
- Get a notarized affidavit declaring that you got married and you intend to change your name after marriage.
- Get the demand draft of Rs. 100/- in favor of COMPILER, GOVERNMENT CENTRAL PRESS, BANGALORE for the charges related to name change.
- Write an application to Gazette department requesting name change and also to publish the same in the next issue of the Karnataka Gazette. Address of Gazette department is as follows.
Karnataka Gazette, Department Of Printing, Stationery and Publications, 8th mile, RV College Post, Mysuru road, Bengaluru
- Attach the copy of the following documents along with application and notarized affidavit.
- Marriage Certificate
- Address Proof
- Send the documents to Karnataka Gazette office by registered post.
- You will receive a Gazette notification to your address by registered post within 15 to 20 working days, which can be used as proof of your name change. Please note that Karnataka Gazette department will only publish the name of Government employees in the State Gazette.
At this point, you can notify all the institutions, such as your bank, college and workplace, that your name has changed after marriage.
Answered on October 20,2019
If the name is mentioned incorrectly due to clerical mistake/typing mistake/ink mistake/ambiguity of handwriting etc. then the Registrar of Marriages corrects the same, when the matter is reported to them by way of a written application.
If the mistake is due to the reasons other than above then one needs to make an application to the Registrar of Marriages - who in turn may correct it or refuse the same. In the latter case, the Registrar of Marriages shall have to pass speaking order and that too in writing.
Based on this order, you can file an appeal with the senior official or Registrar General who has been conferred with the powers to pass the further orders. Based on this order, your certificate can be corrected. If you are further aggrieved by the order, you can approach the court of Law and the decision shall be taken by the Hon. Court.
- How to get Police verification Certificate for marriage alliances from Home Department in Karnataka?
- എന്റെ ഭർത്താവിന്റെ വീട്ടിലെ റേഷൻ കാർഡിൽ പേര് ചേർക്കാൻ ബന്ധം തെളിയിക്കുന്ന രേഖയായി കുഞ്ഞിന്റെ ജനന സർട്ടിഫിക്കറ്റ് മതിയാവുമോ? വിവാഹ സർട്ടിഫിക്കറ്റ് നഷ്ടപ്പെട്ടു അതു വീണ്ടു കിട്ടാൻ എന്താണ് ചെയ്യേണ്ടത്?
- How to get marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu for marriage happened on 2007 ?
- How do I get a marriage certificate for my parents in Andhra Pradesh?
- How do I get a marriage certificate in Pune when marriage has taken place in Mumbai?
- Can I travel with my wife and kid from Calicut to Kollam to attend my brother’s marriage on April 5?
- എൻ്റെ വിവാഹം രണ്ട് മാസം മുൻപ് രജിസ്റ്റർ ഓഫീസിൽ വച്ച് നടന്നു. ക്ഷേമനിധി ലഭിക്കുന്നതിനായി പഞ്ചായത്തിൽ രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്യേണ്ട ആവശ്യം ഉണ്ടോ? ക്ഷേമനിധിക്കായി രജിസ്റ്റർ സർട്ടിഫിക്കേറ്റ് നൽകിയാൽ മതിയാകുമോ?