What is the procedure to change my name in marriage certificate after marriage in Karnataka?
You can change your name by notifying it in Gazette. Use the gazzete notification of name change along with Marriage Certificate for all the future government purposes.
- Get a notarized affidavit declaring that you got married and you intend to change your name after marriage.
- Get the demand draft of Rs. 100/- in favor of COMPILER, GOVERNMENT CENTRAL PRESS, BANGALORE for the charges related to name change.
- Write an application to Gazette department requesting name change and also to publish the same in the next issue of the Karnataka Gazette. Address of Gazette department is as follows.
Karnataka Gazette, Department Of Printing, Stationery and Publications, 8th mile, RV College Post, Mysuru road, Bengaluru
- Attach the copy of the following documents along with application and notarized affidavit.
- Marriage Certificate
- Address Proof
- Send the documents to Karnataka Gazette office by registered post.
- You will receive a Gazette notification to your address by registered post within 15 to 20 working days, which can be used as proof of your name change.
Please note that Karnataka Gazette department will only publish the name of Government employees in the State Gazette.