Answered on April 23,2019
Students who belong to backward classes like scheduled caste or scheduled tribes or other backward classes will now get age and marks relaxation to pursue their higher education.
The candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) categories, who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination from universities/ institutions, recognized by the UGC, are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Test (NET).
UGC has declared the rules for the candidate who belong to SC,ST or OBC classes will be given 5% score relaxation in this regard.That means, if the candidate belonging to reserved category scored 50% (no rounding off) then he/she will be eligible to apply for NET to pursue higher education.
According to Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) the relaxation has been made to increase the representation of such reserved categories in all sectors under central government.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- My father is Group C employee of Andhra Pradesh state govt. Recently his income was increased which crossed 8 lakhs per Annum. Am I eligible for OBC NON-CREAMY LAYER? I am preparing for UPSC. Write Answer
- How to get caste certificate in Karnataka if I don't have the school leaving certificate? Write Answer
- I have AP caste certificate without my surname and I have applied for a new one with full name. Can I produce both whenever required or not? Write Answer
- माझ्या मुलीच्या कास्ट व्हॅलीडीटी वर आऊट वर्ड नंबर मध्ये एक शून्य जास्त पडलाय त्यामुळे प्रॉब्लेम येत आहे त्या चुकीची दुरुस्ती साठी मी काय करू मंजे मला तो लवकर मिळेल Write Answer
- My uncles belong to talwar caste but my father's caste was written as Kaballiga. Can we get ST certificate by applying for our uncle's certificate? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.