What is subsidy I will get in school for my children If I came with ST certificate?

Ajimsha Ajimsha
Answered on April 23,2019

Students who belong to backward classes like scheduled caste or scheduled tribes or other backward classes will now get age and marks relaxation to pursue their higher education.

The candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) categories, who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination from universities/ institutions, recognized by the UGC, are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Test (NET).

UGC has declared the rules for the candidate who belong to SC,ST or OBC classes will be given 5% score relaxation in this regard.That means, if the candidate belonging to reserved category scored 50% (no rounding off) then he/she will be eligible to apply for NET to pursue higher education.

According to Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) the relaxation has been made to increase the representation of such reserved categories in all sectors under central government.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question