Answered on December 17,2017
Passport reissue is not same as passport renewal. Passport renewal occurs when validity of passport got expired or due to get expired.
Passport reissue occurs in the following cases.
- Change in existing personal particulars.
- Validity expired within 3 years/ Due to expire
- Validity expired more than 3 years ago
- Exhaustion of pages.
- Damaged passport.
- Lost passport.
- Is it possible to change my signature in passport ?
- I want to change my ecr passport to non ecr. I have lost my 10th certificate. So can I use 12th certificate with birth certificate. Is it possible or not?
- Since the last few days, it was mentioned that the police has submitted the passport verification report to SP Office but now it says"pending for police verification" again. What to do?
- My pcc was in 23rd August for Australia.It's been 10 days.I didn't get the police enquiry yet.If i track my application,it shows it's in under review at passport seva kendra.Is there any issue in my file ?
- What if your name spelling is different in marksheet and leaving certificate but other latest documents have spelling different. What to do?
- How can I close my passport application which is under review with RPO Mumbai? I am no longer residing in Mumbai, hence I want to close the application from Mumbai and make a fresh application from Rajasthan.
- I have renewed my passport online. Once filling in online I mentioned ecr instead of ecnr and i got the passport in ecr. Can i change that back to ecnr? I have worked abroad for more than 5 years and i don't have any SSLC certificate.
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.