Answered on December 17,2017
Passport reissue is not same as passport renewal. Passport renewal occurs when validity of passport got expired or due to get expired.
Passport reissue occurs in the following cases.
- Change in existing personal particulars.
- Validity expired within 3 years/ Due to expire
- Validity expired more than 3 years ago
- Exhaustion of pages.
- Damaged passport.
- Lost passport.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.