Answered on August 04,2023
mAadhaar is more than Aadhaar card in a wallet. Using the mAadhaar App, the resident can avail the following benefits:
1. Get Aadhaar by Downloading or by retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar
2. Order Aadhaar PVC Card
3. View/Show Aadhaar in offline mode, particularly when residents are required to show their ID proof
4. Update Address in Aadhaar via documentary proof
5. Keep/Manage Aadhaar of family members(up to 5 members) in one mobile
6. Share Paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies
7. Secure Aadhaar by Locking Aadhaar or Biometrics
8.Generate or Retrieve VID which user can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
9. Use Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode
10. Check Request Status Dashboard: After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint or updating Aadhaar data, resident can check the status of the service request in the App.
11. Help others who don’t own a smartphone in availing Aadhaar services with the help of common services.
12. Get Update history and Authentication records
13. Book Appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra
14. Aadhaar Sync feature allows resident to fetch the updated data in Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
15. Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI Website
16. Locate Enrolment Centre (EC) helps user find nearest enrolment Centre
17. The More section in the App includes information about the mAadhaar App, Contact, Usage guidelines, Terms & Conditions of using the app and other necessary information.
18. Apart from helpful FAQs and link to Chatbot the More section also contains links to important documents from where resident can download the Aadhaar enrolment or Aadhaar update/correction forms.
Source: This answer is sourced from UIDAI website.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
How to download Aadhaar card ? Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
Click here to get a detailed guide
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- Will my PAN become non-functional if I do not link it to Aadhaar?
- Is it mandatory to enrol for Aadhaar to apply for PAN in India? If yes, then what is the process for NRIs?
- I have Enroled for Aadhaar number but I am yet to receive the Aadhaar number, Can I still file my Income tax return?
- What is the process for NRI enrolment for Aadhaar?
- The address on my passport is not updated. I want to give my present address for my Aadhaar application. Is that possible?
- Can I give an International mobile number in my Aadhaar details?
- What is the process for Aadhaar enrolment for children of NRIs?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.