What are the documents required to register a Vehicle in Bangalore ?
- Application form CMV20 (in duplicate if the vehicle is covered with HPA or Lease or Hire purchase) (signature of the financier is required in case of HPA/Hypothecation/Lease).
- Sale Certificate in form CMV21
- Valid Insurance certificate
- Proof of Address (Ration Card, Passport, LIC Policy, Electricity or Telephone bill, Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State, Government or a Local body, House tax receipt)
- Temporary Registration issued by the Registering Authority or Trade Certificate issued by the Dealer.
- Road-worthiness Certificate in form CMV22
- Form CMV22A in case of Body built vehicle (EX. Goods vehicle, bus etc.)
- Prescribed fee amount to be paid at R.T.O Counter/Treasury.
- Tax payable after assessment (depending upon the category of the vehicle)
- Registration Fee, Fitness Certificate, issue and permit fee in case of transport vehicle, hypothecation entry fee to be paid after assessment
- Income Tax PAN Number (PAN Card Xerox copy) or Form 60 or Form no. 61 (in case of Agriculturists)
- Bonafide agriculture certificate issued by the Tahsildar in case of registration of Tractor-Trailer unit used for agriculture. In case of new trailer, design approval proceedings issued by the Commissioner of Transport to be produced
- Permit proceedings, if any, in case of transport vehicles
- Advance Registration allotment letter
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I bought a bike from Delhi and after 5 years I shifted myself from Delhi to Kolkata and took my bike without getting an NOC from Delhi. I want to take an NOC now. Shall I have to take my bike to Delhi again while submitting documents for NOC?
I had taken a NOC from Bangalore RTO in Feb 2019. I kept my car in Bihar but never registered because I was out of India. I want to register my car now in Bihar. Will the NOC work? How much is fine. Will I be charged by Bihar RTO for delayed registration/ expired NOC? After registration in Bihar, can I apply for Road Tax refund from Bangalore RTO? How much time does it take?
I have a second-hand motorbike from another state. I want to pay the road tax for it in Karnataka now. The current value of motorbike is INR 40,000 as per the Insurance Company. Original Price was INR 95,000 and I bought it second hand at 70,000. The date of purchase is June 2011. I bought it on December 2015. What is the total amount of road tax payable in Karnataka? Also, what is the procedure for paying the road-tax?