Answered on May 07,2019
As you have not mentioned the place where your kid was born, I cannot exactly provide the process to be followed to re-issue birth certificate.
Few of the state governments in India allow online application of birth certificates. Details of them are provided below.
If you belong to any of these States, check the website of that particular State whether they allow search and download of birth certificate. For example, Government of Kerala allows searching of the birth records based on Date of Birth,Gender and Mother’s Name as shown below.
So even if you lose the birth certificate , you can search for it and download it, provided your State digitised the birth records.
You can check these links for more birth certificate related queries.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How to change name in school records in Kerala before completing 10th standard? Write Answer
- My grandfather was born in Karwar in the year 1923. So, if I want to search for the birth certificate how to do it and which office do I need to do a follow-up? Write Answer
- I was born at Tambaram Railway colony on 1958 at home. But my birth was not registered. How can I get birth certificate now? Write Answer
- I have a hand-written birth certificate and need a digitalized (digitally signed) version. I live out of Karnataka. What would be the process and required documents? Also, can this be done online? Write Answer
- Kayse download karen apna brith certificate. mere pas registration number nahi hai. Me Uttar Pradesh se hum. Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.