Home > RTO works questions > I want to transfer my car from Haryana (HR 51) to Bangalore. But when I go for NOC, RTO at Haryana is not refunding the propotional road tax which I paid at the timeof purchase of vehicle.
I want to transfer my car from Haryana (HR 51) to Bangalore. But when I go for NOC, RTO at Haryana is not refunding the propotional road tax which I paid at the timeof purchase of vehicle.
In order for you to get refund from RTO at Haryana, you need to get it registered in migrated state (in this case Bangalore) first and pay the road tax there.
As you are migrating to Bangalore, you can get to know the road tax to be paid in Bangalore and refund to be obtained from Haryana here.
Once you have paid the road tax and registered your vehicle in Karnataka, you can proceed to obtain refund from RTO at Haryana.
Following documents are required to be submitted to get refund.
- NOC certificate for transfer of Vehicle
- Copy of the road tax receipt paid by the owner of the vehicle in the new state.
- Copy of the road tax receipt paid by the owner of the vehicle in the old state where he or she used to reside.
- Form DT and RTO Form 16 are required to be submitted as applications.
- Copy of either the new or old smart card in addition to a notarized copy of the same.
- Impression of the chassis number of the vehicle.
- Insurance certificate
- Proof of address of the owner that will also act as the proof of migration form the old state to the new.
- A request letter by the owner needs to be submitted to claim the road tax. In addition to this, the bank account and the address to which the cheque has to be sent should also be mentioned.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I am planning to bring my car in Bangalore. My car is having Jharkhand registered number (JH01). I don't want to re-register my car here as I will keep my car here for maximum of 3 years. What is the procedure to get my car here in Bangalore without going for registration. I spoke to RTO in my native and they told once NOC is issued against the car then it will be difficult to bring it back to Jharkhand. Is paying only road tax in Bangalore serve my purpose without being penalised by the traffic police in case they check my documents if caught? Is it possible to pay the road tax on yearly basis in Bangalore? It will be helpful if anyone can share me the complete procedure for car movement.
I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?