I want to transfer my car from Haryana (HR 51) to Bangalore. But when I go for NOC, RTO at Haryana is not refunding the propotional road tax which I paid at the timeof purchase of vehicle.

Prem Prem
Answered on April 09,2019

In order for you to get refund from RTO at Haryana, you need to get it registered in migrated state (in this case Bangalore) first and pay the road tax there.

As you are migrating to Bangalore, you can get to know the road tax to be paid in Bangalore and refund to be obtained from Haryana here.

Road Tax in Bangalore and Refund from Haryana

Once you have paid the road tax and registered your vehicle in Karnataka, you can proceed to obtain refund from RTO at Haryana.

Following documents are required to be submitted to get refund.

  • NOC certificate for transfer of Vehicle
  • Copy of the road tax receipt paid by the owner of the vehicle in the new state.
  • Copy of the road tax receipt paid by the owner of the vehicle in the old state where he or she used to reside.
  • Form DT and RTO Form 16 are required to be submitted as applications.
  • Copy of either the new or old smart card in addition to a notarized copy of the same.
  • Impression of the chassis number of the vehicle.
  • Insurance certificate
  • Proof of address of the owner that will also act as the proof of migration form the old state to the new.
  • A request letter by the owner needs to be submitted to claim the road tax. In addition to this, the bank account and the address to which the cheque has to be sent should also be mentioned.

Raju Raju
Answered on November 11,2019

You can check this video to calculate the road tax to be paid in Bangalore.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


Complete Guide to RTO Services in Karnataka

Regional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
  Click here to get a detailed guide