I am a student staying in a hostel away from my native place. I want to get myself registered at my present address of residence. What should I do ?

Davis Davis
Answered on January 16,2018

In case of a student residing at the place of study, in hostel or mess managed by the educational institutions or elsewhere will have the option to get himself / herself registered as elector at his / her native place with his / her parents or at the address of hostel / mess where he / she is resident for the time being for pursuing his / her studies. The course pursued by the said students should be recognized by Central / State Governments / Boards / Universities / Deemed Universities and such courses should be of not less than 1 year’s duration. Such student who wants to enroll himself / herself at the hostel / mess will have to attach a bonafide certificate (as per the specimen at Annexure II of Guidelines attached to Form 6 available on the website of Election Commission) from the Headmaster / Principal / Director / Registrar / Dean of his/her educational institution with Form 6.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


How to do Voter ID correction online?

A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
  Click here to get a detailed guide


How to Vote in elections in India?

Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Criteria to Vote for Elections in India Following peopl..
  Click here to get a detailed guide