Answered on January 16,2018
In case of a student residing at the place of study, in hostel or mess managed by the educational institutions or elsewhere will have the option to get himself / herself registered as elector at his / her native place with his / her parents or at the address of hostel / mess where he / she is resident for the time being for pursuing his / her studies. The course pursued by the said students should be recognized by Central / State Governments / Boards / Universities / Deemed Universities and such courses should be of not less than 1 year’s duration. Such student who wants to enroll himself / herself at the hostel / mess will have to attach a bonafide certificate (as per the specimen at Annexure II of Guidelines attached to Form 6 available on the website of Election Commission) from the Headmaster / Principal / Director / Registrar / Dean of his/her educational institution with Form 6.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- Why I am not able to download my epic which is approved? Write Answer
- How many days take to change adress in voter id by nvsp portal online mode? Write Answer
- My application is rejected saying name already exists in electoral roll, where as this is the first time I have applied? Write Answer
- Can I link one more voter ID in my mobile number? Write Answer
- How to transfer voter Id from one district to another district through online mode? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
SEHEER A KADER OTTAYIL
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.