Answered on September 09,2019
Registration under Hindu Marriage:
- Application for marriage filled in prescribed form with names and addresses of bridegroom and bride, signatures of bride and bridegroom, signatures of 3 attesting witnesses present at the time of marriage along with their names and addresses.
- Joint photo of bride and bridegroom
- Wedding card
- Date of Birth proof certificates like SSC marks memo, copies of passport, residential proof should be presented to the Registrar of Marriage.
- Marriage officer will verify the contents of the application and records. He will issue certificate of marriage if he is satisfied that the records produced are in accordance with law.
Solemnization under Special Marriage Act, 1954
- Bridegroom and bride should give notice of intended marriage 30 days in advance for the solemnization of marriage along with prescribed fees. Bride or bridegroom must have lived continuously for not less than 30 days within the jurisdiction of marriage officer before giving the notice
- If no objections are received within 30 days from the date of notice of intended marriage, bridegroom and bride should appear before the Marriage Officer within next 60 days after lapse of initial 30 days from such notice along with three witnesses for solemnisation of the marriage. Marriage Officer after following procedure prescribed under act and rules will solemnise the marriage. If marriage is not solemnised within 90 days from the date of notice, then a fresh notice has to be issued.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- What are the register marriage formalities in Kerala? Write Answer
- എന്റെ സഹോദരിയുടെ വിവാഹം (മുസ്ലിം) കഴിഞ്ഞു അഞ്ച് വർഷമായി . ഇതു വരെയും പഞ്ചായത്തിൽ രജിസ്ട്രർ ചെയ്തിട്ടില്ല . ഇപ്പോൾ രണ്ടുപേരും സ്വര ചേർച്ചയില്ലായ്മ ഉണ്ട് . ഡൈവോഴ്സ് ചെയ്യേണ്ട സാഹചര്യമുണ്ടായാൽ രജിസ്ട്രേഷൻ ചെയ്യാത്തത് നിയമപരമായി എന്നെങ്കിലും പ്രശ്നമാകുമോ? Write Answer
- കല്ല്യാണം കഴിഞ്ഞ് 6 വർഷമായി. ഇതുവരെ രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്തിട്ടില്ല. കല്ല്യാണം രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയാൻ എന്താണ് ചെയ്യേണ്ടത്? Write Answer
- How and where in Tamil Nadu, to get the marriage certificate name corrected as per my official records? Write Answer
- My grandfather is 72 years and needs to apply for a marriage certificate as the marriage took place 50 years ago in coimbatore . Can we apply for marriage certificate? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
A R Ashraf
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.