Answered on February 25,2019
There is no set out procedure for obtainig "No caste, No religion" certificate. A women from Tamil Nadu has obtained it in nine years. Following are the few of the things she has done to obtain "No caste, No religion" certificate
- She wrote letters to the Tehsildar, requesting a no-community certificate and it got rejected multiple times.
- After multiple attempts, She applied by employing a procedure they use for a community certificate in 2017. They had to answer the letter as it was numbered.
- Tehasildar and Sub-collector of district verified all her school and college documents and found the coloumns on Caste and religion are left blank. They have also checked whether she has availed any benefits from reservation or government scheme.
- So, though there is no precedent, Authority (Tehasildar and Sub- Collector) decided to go ahead and certify her as "No Caste, No Religion" as it will not affect anybody or take away another person’s opportunity.
Those who have not had a caste or community mentioned in their certificates can follow the procedure above.
Those with a community certificate identifying them with a particular caste or religion must find a different way through the judicial system. Officials like the Sub Collector and Tehsildar don’t have the authority to revoke the certificates they have already given out.
- ഞാൻ കല്യാണം കഴിക്കുന്നത് ഒരു obc കാറ്റഗറി ഉള്ള പെൺകുട്ടി ആണ്. njn sc ആണ്. അപ്പോൾ കല്യാണത്തിന് ശേഷം ഉണ്ടാക്കുന്ന കുട്ടികൾക്ക് മാതാവിന്റെ caste ആകാൻ പറ്റില്ലേ? Write Answer
- How can I make caste, residential and income certificates of Bihar if I am living in Jharkhand since my birth but my land is in Bihar? I have made my all documents like adhaar, voter id etc in Jharkhand. Is there any way or any process that i can do? Write Answer
- My grandfather doesn't have any documents regarding caste and I belong to NT-B caste and my child needs caste validity certificate in Maharashtra. How can I get it? Write Answer
- Whose income certificate should be provided to get obc certificate in TN ? Mine or My father's ? Write Answer
- Oru christian marthomian genral category pedune oralku muslim avan kazhiyumo. Usually ella muslimsum obc category ulpedunnu so avrk religion maran sadhikumo? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.