How to change the Date of Birth in Marriage Certificate?

Hashim Hashim
Answered on October 20,2019

If the date of birth or age is mentioned incorrectly due to clerical mistake/typing mistake/ink mistake/ambiguity of handwriting etc. then the Registrar of Marriages corrects the same, when the matter is reported to them by way of a written application.

If the mistake is due to the reasons other than above then one needs to make an application to the Registrar of Marriages - who in turn may correct it or refuse the same. In the latter case, the Registrar of Marriages shall have to pass speaking order and that too in writing.

Based on this order, you can file an appeal with the senior official or Registrar General who has been conferred with the powers to pass the further orders. Based on this order, your certificate can be corrected. If you are further aggrieved by the order, you can approach the court of Law and the decision shall be taken by the Hon. Court.