Answered on October 20,2019
You need to change your spouse name by notifying it in Gazette.
Procedure to change your name
- Get a notarized affidavit declaring that you got married and you intend to change your name after marriage.
- Get the demand draft of Rs. 100/- in favor of Gazette department for the charges related to name change.
- Write an application to Gazette department requesting name change and also to publish the same in the next issue of the Tamil nadu Gazette.
- Attach the copy of the following documents along with application and notarized affidavit.
- Marriage Certificate
- Address Proof
- Send the documents to Tamilnadu Gazette office by registered post.
- You will receive a Gazette notification to your address by registered post within 15 to 20 working days, which can be used as proof of your name change.
Use the gazette notification of name change along with Marriage Certificate for all future government purposes.
Answered on May 20,2019
For whole of Tamilnadu, The Inspector General of Registration is the only authority to make correction in Marriage Certificate.So you have to approach Inspector general of Registration in Trichy to update your name in Marriage certificate
Answered on October 20,2019
If the name is mentioned incorrectly due to clerical mistake/typing mistake/ink mistake/ambiguity of handwriting etc. then the Registrar of Marriages corrects the same, when the matter is reported to them by way of a written application.
If the mistake is due to the reasons other than above then one needs to make an application to the Registrar of Marriages - who in turn may correct it or refuse the same. In the latter case, the Registrar of Marriages shall have to pass speaking order and that too in writing.
Based on this order, you can file an appeal with the senior official or Registrar General who has been conferred with the powers to pass the further orders. Based on this order, your certificate can be corrected. If you are further aggrieved by the order, you can approach the court of Law and the decision shall be taken by the Hon. Court.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How and where in Tamil Nadu, to get the marriage certificate name corrected as per my official records? Write Answer
- My grandfather is 72 years and needs to apply for a marriage certificate as the marriage took place 50 years ago in coimbatore . Can we apply for marriage certificate? Write Answer
- I am from assam and my wife is from U.P. we got married in Noida(u.p). However both of us are residing and working in tamil nadu for last 4 years . Can i get marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu? Write Answer
- 20.06.2003 (பெண்)பிறந்த தேதி திருமணம் செய்ய திருமண சட்டம் அனுமதிக்குமா? Write Answer
- நான் திருமணம் செய்து இதுவரை நான்கு ஆண்டுகள் கடந்து பனவிட்டது.இனிமேல் நான் கலப்பு திருமணம் பதிவு செய்து கொள்ளலாமா? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.