Answered on July 07,2018
Step by step instruction to apply for road tax is provided below.
- Find the nearest RTO as per your residential zone. Bangalore is divided into multiple zones and every zone has dedicated RTO.
- Calculate the tax amount: Road Tax or Life Time Tax (LTT) is calculated based on the price of the vehicle,age of vehicle and its cubic capacity. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser LTT you need to pay. Usually, it is around 10% of the price of the vehicle. Visit the counter where this calculation is done and get to know the tax to be paid
- Fill the FORM 14 (KMV- T?—?14). This form is required for paying road tax. The Original Invoice should be accompanied with this. Form is available at http://tesz.in/ApplicationForm/kmvt-14.pdf
- After this, deposit the required amount in the cash counter. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.
However, it is advisable to get your vehicle re-registered as you are allowed to ply your vehicle in Bangalore without re-registration for not more than 11 months.
Answered on April 09,2019
In case of vehicle transferred to Bangalore from any othe state in India, You can check for road tax to be paid in Bangalore here.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- We have a car in my Father's name and registered in Delhi. We shifted from Delhi to Bengaluru & wanted NOC for change of registration from Delhi to Karnataka. However, my Father who stays with me does not have an address proof of Bengaluru.What to do? Write Answer
- I bought a second hand car in Delhi. Need to re-register in Bangalore. How do I calculate how much do I need to pay? Write Answer
- We have purchased a pre owned car from Hyderabad in 2021 and now we are moving to Bangalore. What are the necessary documents we should take from TS RTO before we go to Bangalore? Write Answer
- How long does it take for RTO Bangalore to issue Non Utilization certificate for Cancellation of NOC? Write Answer
- I have booked xuv 700 from Pondicherry. But I stay in Bangalore. What all the documents required or should be taken care while running xuv 700 in Bangalore? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
SEHEER A KADER OTTAYIL
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.