Answered on July 07,2018
Step by step instruction to apply for road tax is provided below.
- Find the nearest RTO as per your residential zone. Bangalore is divided into multiple zones and every zone has dedicated RTO.
- Calculate the tax amount: Road Tax or Life Time Tax (LTT) is calculated based on the price of the vehicle,age of vehicle and its cubic capacity. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser LTT you need to pay. Usually, it is around 10% of the price of the vehicle. Visit the counter where this calculation is done and get to know the tax to be paid
- Fill the FORM 14 (KMV- T?—?14). This form is required for paying road tax. The Original Invoice should be accompanied with this. Form is available at http://tesz.in/ApplicationForm/kmvt-14.pdf
- After this, deposit the required amount in the cash counter. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.
However, it is advisable to get your vehicle re-registered as you are allowed to ply your vehicle in Bangalore without re-registration for not more than 11 months.
Answered on April 09,2019
In case of vehicle transferred to Bangalore from any othe state in India, You can check for road tax to be paid in Bangalore here.
- NOC issued from Bangalore RTO for my scooter got rejected by RTO in Kerala on account of the wrong address mentioned in NOC. Kerala RTO has not shared the NOC document yet to me. I am now having a scooter, which is not registered both in Karnataka and Kerala. RC status is NOC issued. How to get it back to active ( either in Karnataka or Kerala)?
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- Can I ride my TN registered bike in Karnataka without an NOC. If I do not wish to re-register, am I eligible to ride my bike without NOC?. Is there any other documents required to ride it in Karnataka? Does traffic police have the right to ask for the NOC? What is the fine amount if I ride without an NOC (if at all it is an offence) I heard from traffic police that the fine can be paid only in court. And vehicle should be got from there only. Is that true?
- I had obtained NOC for my bike in Sept 2017 from Dharwad RTO, Karnataka and moved to Noida. I didn't register my bike here in Noida as I had the plan to move back to Karnataka. I have lost that NOC and it's been 2 years. What is the procedure to cancel the NOC which is expired?
- After receiving the NOC from Bengaluru for moving the vehicle to Chennai for reregistration and name transfer, it is noticed that that the chassis number is stated wrongly in the RC smart card and NOC as well as in the original RC book issued in 2005. Can the vehicle be registered in Chennai based on correct chassis number stated in the original invoice of the car and Chassis pencil print and physical verification by Chennai RTO? Or is the rectification in NOC to be done by Bengaluru RTO? Does it involve issue of non utilisation certificate by Chennai RTO and payment of road tax in Chennai for the same?
- Do I need anything in written format from Bihar RTO to get the existing NOC canceled and get a new NOC from Bangalore RTO? Is there any such rule? Or should I simply take the expired NOC and Form 28 to Bangalore RTO and get a new one Issued? Some people are saying there is no need to get anything written from Bihar RTO since they do not have any records of my car.
- I have a vehicle which was registered in Karanataka, I moved to Gujarat for 2.5 years & re-register the vehicle there. Now I came back to Karnataka and want to re-register it in Karnataka. I have the road tax pay slip already. What should I do ?