Answered on June 14,2018
- Go to https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html
- Read the guidelines carefully.
For Changes or Correction in PAN data, fill all mandatory fields (marked with *) of the Form and select the corresponding box on left margin of appropriate field where correction is required.
- Go to the bottom of the page and select the category of applicant. If you have to make changes in your pan card, choose “Individual”
- Provide the details as is required in this page.
- If you need to update the mobile number, select the box on the left margin of the Telephone No. Select Mobile No. and provide your updated mobile number.
It is mandatory for the applicants to mention their Telephone number or valid e-mail id so that they can be contacted in case of any discrepancy in the application and/or for receiving PAN through e-mail. Application status updates are sent using the SMS facility on the mobile numbers mentioned in the application form.
- Upload documents like address proof, proof of identity and age.
- After this, the entire application will appear on the screen. Check all the details provided and make the required changes, if any, before finally submitting it.
- Make the payment. Within India, a payment of Rs 110 is charged and if the payment is to do outside India than Rs 1020 is charged.
- After successful payment, an acknowledgment slip will be generated with acknowledgement number.
- In case of an individual, the acknowledgment slip must be attached with two photographs and send to the NDSL E-gov. The slip must be signed in such a manner that the signature touches both the slip as well as the photograph. In case of a firm or a corporate, the Acknowledgement slip must be signed by the authorized officials of that organization.
- All the check boxes provided in the slip must be marked correctly and send to the NSDL office superscribing the envelope with “APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST--- N-Acknowledgment Number”
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
- Download the application from https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Documents/form-for-changes-in-pan.pdf
- Follow the steps as mentioned above in online method.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.