Answered on October 13,2021
Yes, Require to have POA from co-owner (spouse)
We have been through the same experience that sub-registrar will not allow the property registration without the presence of actual co-owner.
Get the POA executed from the country where your spouse live now. Its quite simple and easy to execute a POA in foreign country for a property registration in India. Follow the below procedure to execute the POA
Prepare a POA draft in word format
Print the draft on normal A4 size paper
Get the POA attested from Indian consulate or notary public in country of your spouse resident
Get the POA adjudicated in District registrar office in India
This completes the procedure to execute POA in foreign country for a property registration in India.
Below is the real example that we faced the similar situation recently
My client Dr Vidya Sagar and his wife lives in UK. Both jointly owns a property in Bangalore. Dr Vidya Sagar and his wife wants to sell the property and we found the buyer for a property.
Dr Vidya Sagar travelled to India for property registration and his wife didn’t come to India due to covid-19 constrain.
The sub-registrar office denied to register the property without the presence of co-owner, so we decided to obtain the POA from his wife, who lives in UK.
We obtained the POA and below POA image for your reference. We registered the property using this POA.
We provide end to end assistance to obtain POA. To opt for our service, please WhatsApp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- What is the procedure for an NRI to get power of attorney from abroad?
- What is the time allowed to get a POA registered in India after receiving it from abroad?
- Can my parents prepare and send a power of attorney from India, for purchasing a house in my name? For me to sign and send back to them? I live in the USA. I know about the embassy procedure, but would like to get inputs on this method.
- How do I make a power of attorney in Qatar for a property in India?
- In order to purchase property in India, should I send the power of attorney document to the Indian Consulate in USA, or is it sufficient to just get it notarized?
- When making a foreign POA for use in India if it is being attested at the local Indian Consulate then must it also be Notarised by a Notary Public?
- What is the validity of a general power of attorney executed outside India?