Answered on February 13,2019
He/she has to file the application for the purpose in prescribed Form 6A before the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of the constituency within which the place of ordinary residence of the applicant in India as given in his/her valid passport falls. The application can be presented in person before the ERO or sent by post addressed to the ERO concerned. If the application is sent by post it must be accompanied by duly self-attested copy of the passport and all relevant documents mentioned in Form 6A.
Forms are available here.
Answered on February 14,2019
As you are an NRI, you need to choose Form 6A for Voter ID card registration. Follow the below steps to apply Voter ID card online.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6A (Apply online for registration of overseas voter)
- Enter details about your State,District, Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.
- Enter your basic details. The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter details about your place of birth
- Enter Place of present ordinary Residence in India (Full address as given in the passport)
- Enter the passport and visa details
- Enter the details regarding your absence from the country and provide your present residential address.
- Upload your photograph and valid pages of Passport which includes self attested photocopies of the relevant pages of the passport containing photograph, address in India and the pages of passport containing the valid visa endorsement
- Provide declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- My application is rejected saying name already exists in electoral roll, where as this is the first time I have applied? Write Answer
- Can I link one more voter ID in my mobile number? Write Answer
- How to transfer voter Id from one district to another district through online mode? Write Answer
- Muhhe mere voter id m marital status or address change krna h 2 baar apply kia h. form 8 fill krke jo doc required h sab lagaye h phir bhi bina Koi aaye verify kiye doc reject kr rhe h. Jaldi hi btaiye kyu ho rha h esa? Write Answer
- I have my epic number and i voted one time but i don't have voter id card. What is the procedure now or wht should I do now to get my voter ID card in physical form? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.