Answered on February 13,2019
He/she has to file the application for the purpose in prescribed Form 6A before the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of the constituency within which the place of ordinary residence of the applicant in India as given in his/her valid passport falls. The application can be presented in person before the ERO or sent by post addressed to the ERO concerned. If the application is sent by post it must be accompanied by duly self-attested copy of the passport and all relevant documents mentioned in Form 6A.
Forms are available here.
Answered on February 14,2019
As you are an NRI, you need to choose Form 6A for Voter ID card registration. Follow the below steps to apply Voter ID card online.
- Visit National Voter Service Portal
- Click on Form - 6A (Apply online for registration of overseas voter)
- Enter details about your State,District, Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.
- Enter your basic details. The name as it should appear in the electoral roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be furnished. The full name should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the elector’s name or a surname. Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt. Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit etc. should not be mentioned. Please mention your name in English and official language of the State both, if possible.
- Enter details about your place of birth
- Enter Place of present ordinary Residence in India (Full address as given in the passport)
- Enter the passport and visa details
- Enter the details regarding your absence from the country and provide your present residential address.
- Upload your photograph and valid pages of Passport which includes self attested photocopies of the relevant pages of the passport containing photograph, address in India and the pages of passport containing the valid visa endorsement
- Provide declaration
- Once you have entered all the details, click on "Submit" button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..