Can POA be given to father-in-law to to purchase the property? Me and wife live in USA, but visited India for a few days. We will start the loan process, but won't be there for property registration. Can me and my wife give POA to my father?


POA can be given to father-in-law to purchase property.

In your scenario, you and your wife can jointly give POA to father/father-in-law (father to your wife and father-in-law to you). The stamp duty for joint POA registration is Rs. 200 per executant, In your scenario, the total stamp duty is Rs. 400.

Register the POA in sub-registrar office in India or you can issue POA from abroad as well.

How would you rate the answer?

Excellent Good Neutral Poor Bad

Thank you for your response..
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question