Answered on September 20,2019
You can drive your vehicle in Hyderabad. However, you need to complete the following things.
- Change address in RC book to new address in Hyderabad, within 30 days of coming to Hyderabad.
- Pay road tax in Telangana.
- If you are planning to stay in Hyderabad for more than 12 months, then you need to get your vehicle re-registered in Telangana with TS number plate.
- Claim the tax paid in Andhra Pradesh.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2023- Driving License, Vehicle InformationThe Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- I'm moving from Telangana to Maharashtra and I want to take my car with me. What documents do I need and also I have read somewhere that to re-register you need to pay that state road tax. Is this true? Write Answer
- What is the process of using a bike with a UP number plate in Hyderabad for a temporary stay of 4-5 months due to studies? Write Answer
- Need help in getting NOC for car registered in Khairatabad for my friend who is in Chennai. Is it poosible to get without the car owner's presence? Write Answer
- I have a commercial vehicle, which is due for fittness. Can i get the fittness of CV done at any of the RTA in Telangana or it has to be done at the center where the registration was done? Write Answer
- What is the process to re-register my bike from Pune to Hyderabad if I have the NOC obtained in October 2019 but couldn't complete the re-registration? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.