Answered on September 01,2019
Both Birth Certificate and Caste Certificate is not a valid address proof. You cannot get Passport using only these documents.
Birth Certificate can be used as proof of age.
List of acceptable documents as proof of address is provided below.
|2||Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)|
|4||Income Tax Assessment Order|
|5||Election Commission Photo ID card|
|6||Proof of Gas Connection|
|7||Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head|
|8||Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant's name as spouse of the passport holder), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse's passport)|
|9||Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)|
|12||Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)|
- I have got my passport issued without 10th marksheet submission. Now I want to submit 10th marksheet to get ECNR passport. How much will I be charged? Write Answer
- Why am I getting two different status of my passport in website and sms? In SMS, it is that my passport application is printed and in website, it is my passport application is under review in RPO. Why this anomaly? Write Answer
- I am Indian citizen but i am raised in Nepal so I have done my academic qualification of grade 10 and 12 from Nepal.I have my addhar card. can I apply for non ECR Indian passport ? Write Answer
- Can I apply for renewal of my passport in Delhi if my permanent and present addresses are in Kerala? Write Answer
- I am having Indian passport but my parents were from Sri Lankan. I went to High commission of India in Singapore. One staff asked how do you get a Indian passport because your parents from Sri Lankan? Is it not allowed? Is there any problem to travel to India? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.