Answered on September 01,2019
Both Birth Certificate and Caste Certificate is not a valid address proof. You cannot get Passport using only these documents.
Birth Certificate can be used as proof of age.
List of acceptable documents as proof of address is provided below.
|2||Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)|
|4||Income Tax Assessment Order|
|5||Election Commission Photo ID card|
|6||Proof of Gas Connection|
|7||Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head|
|8||Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant's name as spouse of the passport holder), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse's passport)|
|9||Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)|
|12||Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)|
- How do I edit/correct the misspelling of a name on a minor's passport online application form when the payment is already processed? Write Answer
- I applied for my passport giving my in laws address as i was staying there until 2020. While applying for passport i have the same address. But now the police is creating issues since I don't stay there. What to do? Write Answer
- I received my passport today. And there is just one letter misplaced on my adress. i have to travel in one month. What to do? Write Answer
- Can i get Passport with out study documents as I only have Aadhar and Pan Card? Write Answer
- What to do as I have lost my passport and I don't have any details about my passport? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.