Since US Embassies are processing passports faster (less than 6 weeks), how can I send my application there to be processed?

David Hill, US Immigration Expert
Answered on September 29,2023

You can't. Embassies only process passports for people in-person and in-country.

Also, if your travel is soon and you are headed back to the US, you'll be given a limited-use Emergency Passport that can only be used to travel back to the US.

So the "Why don't I just fly to Mexico on my soon to be expiring passport and apply at the embassy there?" idea only works if you are in Mexico for 6+ weeks and if you have a current valid passport to even enter Mexico.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question