One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
Under the “One Nation One Ration Card” scheme, eligible beneficiaries would be able to avail their entitled food grains under the National Food Security Act from any Fair Price Shop (FPS) in the country using the same ration card in any part of the country.
One Nation One Ration Card scheme aims to provide freedom to the beneficiaries, as they will not be tied to single PDS shop, lessen their dependence on shop owners and curb corruption.
The scheme will mainly benefit migrant laborer and workers.
The main beneficiaries will be migrant workers who shift to other states in search of better job opportunities.
Standard Ration Card Format
A standard format for ration cards will be issued to achieve the aim of national portability. The state governments have been advised to use this new format whenever the states decide to issue new ration cards.
The standardized ration card includes the requisite minimum details of the ration card holder and states can add more details as per their requirement.
10-digit standard ration card number will be provided to the beneficiary wherein first two digits will be state code and the next two digits will be running ration card numbers. Besides this, a set of another two digits will be appended with ration card number to create unique member IDs for each member of the household in a ration card.
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution will implement this scheme.
Ministry will create a central depository of all ration cards which will help in eliminating duplication
As on January 1 2020, One Nation One Ration card scheme has been implemented in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Jharkhand and Tripura.
The government aims to implement the 'one nation, one ration card' facility across the country from June 1, 2020. This facility will largely cover migrant laborers and daily wagers.
The availability of Point of Sale (PoS) machines need to be ensured at all the PDS shops to implement the scheme.
There is also a plan to set up a real-time online database of ration cards—Integrated Management of PDS (IMPDS). IMPDS is already operational in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana and Tripura wherein a beneficiary can avail his share of foodgrain from any district in the state.
- I worked in UK from Feb 1st 2020 till Jan 30th 2021, moved back to India on 31st Jan 2021. After moving to India my employer deducted the taxes for whole year again in India. Which means I have paid taxes in UK and even though I'm not in India, taxes were deducted. Would like to know whether I claim refund on tax deducted in India while filing?
- I am an Indian resident. Can I ask the US firm to deposit the money directly into my India bank account? What will be the interest rates paid to me by the banks in India? Will the US firm be expected to deduct TDS and remit to income-tax department in India and give me proof of such deposit in Form 16. Will I need to charge Goods and Services Tax, (GST) on the earnings and remit to government?
- I am a non-resident Indian (NRI). I do (Systematic Investment Plan)SIPs in six equity mutual fund schemes that amount to INR1.8 lakh a month. I do not have any income in India and every year I get refund for tax deducted at source (TDS) of debt funds. I would like to churn my portfolio (units that have completed 1 year) every year before 31 March and reinvest the amount in same plan before 31 March. Will long-term capital gain tax (LTCG) tax reflect on my 26AS certificate? Can I claim refund as I do not have any income in India?
- Njan foreign companykku vendi work from home vazhi job cheyyunnund. Avarude oru officeum India il illa. Avar enikk avide tax adakkadheyanu ente payment tharunnadhu. Appol njan india yil tax adakkano?. Njan edhuvare India yude purathu pooyittumilla.
- I want to give One and the same certificate in Chennai, which I took from Kerala. So, is One and the same certificate valid all India?
- Is One and Same certificate valid all over India.I am from Kerala and I have to give the certificate in Chennai?
- Is there any place to register for Non-Resident Keralites who wants to come from other States in India?
- Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Scheme
- How to start an Aadhaar card franchise or enrollment center ?
- How to update aadhaar card details ?
- How to download Aadhaar card ?
- Aadhaar Card
- Electoral Photo Identity Card
- National Common Mobility Card
- Smart card for driving licence and registration certificate
- How to correct Voter ID card details ?
- Complete Guide on Voter ID Card