How to fix issues with Digilocker? (2022)
DigiLocker is a digital locker to store all your documents. Sometimes, you might have encountered any of the following issues with Digilocker.
Documents uploaded by you to Digilocker might be missing
Issued documents might be missing
Pending Documents issue
You might not be able to login or signup to Digilocker
OTP might not be coming
In addition to it, there are other issues as well. In this article, we will explain the various methods to fix these issues with Digilocker.
Try Digilocker website
If you encountered issues with the Digilocker app, then you can try logging into your account on the Digilocker website. Check whether the same error occurs on the website as well. Similarly, if you face the issue with Digilocker website, try logging into you on Digilocker app.
Check the social media handles
Digilocker team is active in answering citizens’ queries on various social media platforms. You can check their profile to see if your query is already answered. You can also see the queries answered by Digilocker on the Q&A platform Tesz as well. Queries answered on Tesz are available here.
Wait for sometime
At the times of Class X and XII results, you are advised to wait a little longer as the system will be handling a peak load this time.
Raise the issue on the Digilocker website
If the issue still persists then you can raise a service request regarding the issue on Digilocker website.
Visit the Digilocker Support page.
Fill in your name, email and mobile number.
In the Need Help section, select “Digilocker”.
In Sub Category, you can select the specific issue from the drop down.
In Sub Category 2, you can specify the exact issue.
If you have any specific details to add with respect to your issue you can add it here. You can also attach a screenshot if required.
Click on Submit to raise the issue.
You can find a list of common Digilocker queries and their answer in the link below.
Digilocker queries and its answers
Tesz is a free-to-use platform for citizens to ask government-related queries. Questions are sent to a community of experts, departments and citizens to answer. You can ask the queries here.
- There are two Digilocker accounts created in error - 1st account was created using mobile number, Aaddhar number was not linked to this account and later another account using aadhar number, mobile number was not linked to this account. Digilocker shows "Mobile number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials". Same issue when we logged in using a mobile number and tried to link aadhaar - Digilocker shows "Aadhaar number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials" Can you please help delete the account created earlier using a mobile number?
- My date of birth was initially wrong when I had registered for Digilocker. Now I have updated the Date of Birth correctly in Aadhar. But Digilocker is still showing old wrong Date of Birth. Is there a way to rectify it in DigiLocker ?
- I changed my mobile and installed Digilocker app. When logined, my account Digilocker shows "Aadhaar number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials. What do I do?
- I have successfully got 2 Registration certificates (RC) into my Digilocker. My third vehicle chassis no: always says mismatch in Digilocker. Tried multiple times and that vehicle RC book could not be fetched. Please note that I could fetch vehicle insurance when same chassis number & vehicle number. Is this chassis number mistakenly entered in Digilocker system?
- There are different numbers registered with my adhaar card and digilocker account. I have lost the sim with which I had registered on digilocker. How to login into digilocker because I am not able to get the otp as it is going on the number I have lost?
- My Madhya Pradesh DL got approved 3-4 days ago. I got the message for the same on the day it got approved with my DL No. and stating that please download it on DigiLocker, But I am unable to get my DL in my DigiLocker, If I enter my DL No. in DigiLocker it gives a message - Please enter the DL No. printed on your driving license card. What to do?
- I have forgotten the pin to my Digilocker account and also I don't have the mobile number which is linked to my Digilocker account and my mobile linked to Digilocker account is the same as mobile linked to aadhar. How can I recover my account?
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.