How to link Aadhaar with UAN?
It is important to link your Aadhaar number with Universal Account Number (UAN) for claiming your EPF.By linking your Aadhaar and UAN, you can avail facilities such as checking your PF account balance, statements, submitting PF claims or partial withdrawal of money from your PF account.
Check UAN is active or not
Before you begin the UAN and Aadhaar linking process, make sure that your UAN is active. Follow the below-mentioned steps to activate your UAN.
Visit the unified portal of EPFO.
On the extreme right of the page, under the 'Important Links' tab click on the option 'Activate UAN'.
Enter the required details such as UAN, Member ID, Aadhaar, PAN, Name, Date of birth, Mobile number and Email id.
After filling the details, enter the captcha code and click on the option 'Get Authorization Pin'.
You will receive an SMS with an OTP on your mobile number. Also, you will be asked to verify the details on your mobile and enter the OTP.
Click on 'Validate OTP and Activate UAN'. After the successful activation of your UAN, the password will be sent to your mobile number. You can use this password to login to your account on the unified portal of EPFO.
Link Aadhar to UAN Online
Follow the below steps to link Aadhaar with UAN online.
Visit the unified portal of EPF.
Use your UAN and password to log in to your account.
After you log in, you will see the Manage section on top. Click on the KYC option that comes under the Manage section.
Once you click on KYC, a page will be opened where you can see various documents that can be linked with your UAN.
From there, select the Aadhaar option, enter the Aadhaar number and your full name like it is mentioned on the Aadhaar card. Once you fill in these details, click on the save option.
Once you save your details, your Aadhaar will be verified from the data of the UIDAI.
If your saved documents are verified successfully then you can link the Aadhaar with EPF account. Also, you will be able to see Verified written ahead of the details of your Aadhaar.
Link Aadhar to UAN Offline
If you choose to select the offline process for linking Aadhaar with UAN then you are required to visit the nearest EPFO office and submit the Aadhaar seeding application form. Follow the below steps to link Aadhaar with UAN offline.
Visit the nearest EPFO office and ask for the Aadhaar seeding application form.
In the form, you need to enter your UAN and Aadhaar number.
Attach your form with the self-attested copies of UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar card.
Submit the form along with supporting documents to one of the executives at the submission counter.
Once your submitted documents are verified, your UAN / EPF account will be linked with Aadhaar.
At last, you would receive a confirmation message of Aadhaar link to EPF account or UAN on your registered mobile number.
Link Aadhar to UAN through Umang App
Follow the below steps to link Aadhaar with UAN through UMANG app.
Register in the Umang app to link your Aadhaar number with UAN.
From the 'All Services' tab, select the option 'EPFO'.
Under the 'EPFO' option, select 'eKYC services'. Further, tap on the 'Aadhaar seeding' option to proceed.
Enter your UAN (Universal Account Number) and select the option 'Get OTP'.
An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with the UAN.
After OTP verification, provide your Aadhaar details.
Verify the same with another OTP that will be sent on Aadhaar registered mobile number and email.
Once the OTP is verified, Aadhaar will be linked with UAN, where details of UAN and Aadhaar are matched.
You can find a list of common Aadhaar Card queries and their answer in the link below.
Aadhaar Card queries and its answers
Tesz is a free-to-use platform for citizens to ask government-related queries. Questions are sent to a community of experts, departments and citizens to answer. You can ask the queries here.
- I deleted my Aadhaar card from digilocker. But now, I want to add my Aadhaar card. There is a problem in adding Aadhaar card to digilocker.What to do?
- Is it possible to remove or change the mobile number in Digilocker in which aadhaar is not updated? My aadhaar is added to Digilocker separately with no mobile number.
- There are two Digilocker accounts created in error - 1st account was created using mobile number, Aaddhar number was not linked to this account and later another account using aadhar number, mobile number was not linked to this account. Digilocker shows "Mobile number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials". Same issue when we logged in using a mobile number and tried to link aadhaar - Digilocker shows "Aadhaar number already registered with DigiLocker. You can access your account using your credentials" Can you please help delete the account created earlier using a mobile number?
- How to Download E Aadhar Card? And What are the benefits of downloading your E-Aadhaar Card?
- How to delink my Aadhar card from my PAN card and surrender the pan card?
- DigiLocker is asking me to link Aadhaar. After entering my Aadhaar number it shows "This Aadhaar number is already linked to another DigiLocker account.” What to do ?
- I forget the security pin and the mobile number I register in Digilocker. Now I have uploaded the new mobile number on my aadhaar card but I'm not receiving the OTP on new mobile number. How I can open my Digilocker account ?
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.