Answered on May 20,2018
As per the Karnataka Motor Vehicle Act 1957, if you take your bike from home state to Bangalore, you need to get it re-registered within 11 months from the date of arrival in to Karnataka State.
Also, when you relocate to a new address the registered address of Vehicle should also be changed. In Karnataka, the vehicles migrating from other States should file an application for noting change of address within 30 days from the day vehicle enters the State.
The vehicle owner shall produce the following documents for re-registration of bike in Bangalore.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) in form CMV 28 or postal acknowledgement for having sent application for issue of no objection certificate to the concerned registering authority.
- Application form CMV 27.
- Registration certificate (RC Book)
- Tax Card.
- Insurance certificate.
- Consent of the Financier.
- Pollution Under Control Certificate.
- Prescribed fees and difference of tax if any.
All the related applications shall be filed before the Registering Authority and Vehicle shall be produced for inspection in the premises of the R.T.O. in case it is not inspected earlier.
- I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- I moved from Pune to Hyderabad and took NOC from Pune RTO, and in six months (before NOC Expired) moved to Mumbai. So I took Non Utilization Certificate of NOC from Hyderabad RTO. As I'm in Maharashtra now, do i need to register my vehicle in Pune RTO or should I register it in Mumbai RTO. Is the process to re-register in both the cities of Maharashtra will be same ?
- After receiving the NOC from Bengaluru for moving the vehicle to Chennai for reregistration and name transfer, it is noticed that that the chassis number is stated wrongly in the RC smart card and NOC as well as in the original RC book issued in 2005. Can the vehicle be registered in Chennai based on correct chassis number stated in the original invoice of the car and Chassis pencil print and physical verification by Chennai RTO? Or is the rectification in NOC to be done by Bengaluru RTO? Does it involve issue of non utilisation certificate by Chennai RTO and payment of road tax in Chennai for the same?
- NOC issued from Bangalore RTO for my scooter got rejected by RTO in Kerala on account of the wrong address mentioned in NOC. Kerala RTO has not shared the NOC document yet to me. I am now having a scooter, which is not registered both in Karnataka and Kerala. RC status is NOC issued. How to get it back to active ( either in Karnataka or Kerala)?
- Do I need anything in written format from Bihar RTO to get the existing NOC canceled and get a new NOC from Bangalore RTO? Is there any such rule? Or should I simply take the expired NOC and Form 28 to Bangalore RTO and get a new one Issued? Some people are saying there is no need to get anything written from Bihar RTO since they do not have any records of my car.
- I got the NOC from Pune, Maharashtra and moved to Hyderabad, Telangana. I haven't re-registered my vehicle in six months in Hyderabad. So by default, that NOC is not valid now. And now, I'm transferring back to Mumbai, Maharashtra. So now what procedure do I need to follow?. Shall I get the NOC canceled from Pune RTO and keep it registered in Pune itself or should I re-register my vehicle in Mumbai RTO?