Answered on June 16,2018
If you want to file income tax returns for a financial year, whose due date of filing income tax return and due date of filing belated income tax return has elapsed, you can file income tax return under Section 119(2)(b) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. The provision mentioned allows Central Board of Direct Taxes to admit a claim submitted for delayed:
- Refund, or
- Other relief under the Act
after the expiry of the period. As per this provision, income tax can be filed within 6 years from the end of assessment year for which income tax return has to be filed.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.