What should I select while uploading the ITR-3 regarding the section 119 (2) (b) question?

Manoj Manoj
Answered on June 16,2018

If you want to file income tax returns for a financial year, whose due date of filing income tax return and due date of filing belated income tax return has elapsed, you can file income tax return under Section 119(2)(b) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. The provision mentioned allows Central Board of Direct Taxes to admit a claim submitted for delayed:

  • Exemption
  • Deduction
  • Refund, or
  • Other relief under the Act

 after the expiry of the period. As per this provision, income tax can be filed within 6 years from the end of assessment year for which income tax return has to be filed.



Hey , can you help?
Answer this question