What is the procedure to register a Vehicle in Bangalore ?
- After purchasing the vehicle from a dealer, the applicant must produce the following documents before theregistering Authority.
- Application form CMV20 (in duplicate if the vehicle is covered with HPA or Lease or Hire purchase) (signature of the financier is required in case of HPA/Hypothecation/Lease).
- Sale Certificate in form CMV21.
- Valid Insurance certificate.
- Proof of Address (Ration Card, Passport, LIC Policy, Electricity or Telephone bill, Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State, Government or a Local body, House tax receipt)
- Temporary Registration issued by the Registering Authority or Trade Certificate issued by the Dealer.
- Road-worthiness Certificate in form CMV22.
- Form CMV22A in case of Body built vehicle (EX. Goods vehicle, bus etc.).
- Prescribed fee amount to be paid at R.T.O Counter/Treasury.
- Tax payable after assessment (depending upon the category of the vehicle).
- Registration Fee, Fitness Certificate, issue and permit fee in case of transport vehicle, hypothecation entry fee to be paid after assessment.
- Income Tax PAN Number (PAN Card Xerox copy) or Form 60 or Form no. 61 (in case of Agriculturists).
- Bonafide agriculture certificate issued by the Tahsildar in case of registration of Tractor-Trailer unit used for agriculture. In case of new trailer, design approval proceedings issued by the Commissioner of Transport to be produced.
- Permit proceedings, if any, in case of transport vehicles.
- Advance Registration allotment letter, if any, to be enclosed with fees-paid proof.
- All the related applications must be filed before the Registering Authority and the vehicle must be produced for inspection in the premises of the R.T.O.
- After inspection of the new vehicle, the application, along with documents, must be submitted in the new registration branch for allotment of a new registration mark.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I have a second-hand motorbike from another state. I want to pay the road tax for it in Karnataka now. The current value of motorbike is INR 40,000 as per the Insurance Company. Original Price was INR 95,000 and I bought it second hand at 70,000. The date of purchase is June 2011. I bought it on December 2015. What is the total amount of road tax payable in Karnataka? Also, what is the procedure for paying the road-tax?
On which value, the original invoice of the vehicle or the price that I have paid, will the LTT be calculated for re-registration of the vehicle in Bangalore as I am buying a pre-owned 2 wheeler from Pune which is 5 years old?