Answered on December 27,2017
- After purchasing the vehicle from a dealer, the applicant must produce the following documents before theregistering Authority.
- Application form CMV20 (in duplicate if the vehicle is covered with HPA or Lease or Hire purchase) (signature of the financier is required in case of HPA/Hypothecation/Lease).
- Sale Certificate in form CMV21.
- Valid Insurance certificate.
- Proof of Address (Ration Card, Passport, LIC Policy, Electricity or Telephone bill, Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State, Government or a Local body, House tax receipt)
- Temporary Registration issued by the Registering Authority or Trade Certificate issued by the Dealer.
- Road-worthiness Certificate in form CMV22.
- Form CMV22A in case of Body built vehicle (EX. Goods vehicle, bus etc.).
- Prescribed fee amount to be paid at R.T.O Counter/Treasury.
- Tax payable after assessment (depending upon the category of the vehicle).
- Registration Fee, Fitness Certificate, issue and permit fee in case of transport vehicle, hypothecation entry fee to be paid after assessment.
- Income Tax PAN Number (PAN Card Xerox copy) or Form 60 or Form no. 61 (in case of Agriculturists).
- Bonafide agriculture certificate issued by the Tahsildar in case of registration of Tractor-Trailer unit used for agriculture. In case of new trailer, design approval proceedings issued by the Commissioner of Transport to be produced.
- Permit proceedings, if any, in case of transport vehicles.
- Advance Registration allotment letter, if any, to be enclosed with fees-paid proof.
- All the related applications must be filed before the Registering Authority and the vehicle must be produced for inspection in the premises of the R.T.O.
- After inspection of the new vehicle, the application, along with documents, must be submitted in the new registration branch for allotment of a new registration mark.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- What is the procedure of cancelation of noc given by Gujarat state for jharkhand state Write Answer
- How do I get road tax refund from Gurgaon RTO as I have paid road tax in Bangalore now ? Write Answer
- I sold a Bajaj discover bike in 2008 (RTO Indiranagar, Bangalore, Karnataka). I did an exchange from hero honda dealership. But in parivahan website it still shows under my name.How to update the records or keep myself safe from other issues ? I don't have any documents with me since its been long time. Write Answer
- What is the current running number at Yelahanka RTO ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.