What is the procedure to register a Vehicle in Bangalore ?
- After purchasing the vehicle from a dealer, the applicant must produce the following documents before theregistering Authority.
- Application form CMV20 (in duplicate if the vehicle is covered with HPA or Lease or Hire purchase) (signature of the financier is required in case of HPA/Hypothecation/Lease).
- Sale Certificate in form CMV21.
- Valid Insurance certificate.
- Proof of Address (Ration Card, Passport, LIC Policy, Electricity or Telephone bill, Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State, Government or a Local body, House tax receipt)
- Temporary Registration issued by the Registering Authority or Trade Certificate issued by the Dealer.
- Road-worthiness Certificate in form CMV22.
- Form CMV22A in case of Body built vehicle (EX. Goods vehicle, bus etc.).
- Prescribed fee amount to be paid at R.T.O Counter/Treasury.
- Tax payable after assessment (depending upon the category of the vehicle).
- Registration Fee, Fitness Certificate, issue and permit fee in case of transport vehicle, hypothecation entry fee to be paid after assessment.
- Income Tax PAN Number (PAN Card Xerox copy) or Form 60 or Form no. 61 (in case of Agriculturists).
- Bonafide agriculture certificate issued by the Tahsildar in case of registration of Tractor-Trailer unit used for agriculture. In case of new trailer, design approval proceedings issued by the Commissioner of Transport to be produced.
- Permit proceedings, if any, in case of transport vehicles.
- Advance Registration allotment letter, if any, to be enclosed with fees-paid proof.
- All the related applications must be filed before the Registering Authority and the vehicle must be produced for inspection in the premises of the R.T.O.
- After inspection of the new vehicle, the application, along with documents, must be submitted in the new registration branch for allotment of a new registration mark.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I have a car of 2016 August(6.00 lakhs) registered in Chennai and want to move it to Bangalore. As I intend to be in Bangalore, Is re-registration a must? Do i need to pay life tax again? If yes, how much?. As I am a PSU retired, is there any exemption? If yes, What are the documents needed? Ás I have paid lifetime road tax in TN, whats the refund expected. Please tell the Process involved.Do you have any helpline where I can talk?
I purchased a 2008 model Delhi registered car in 2017. I got NOC issued from it in RTO Delhi for RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). However, I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Agents in Delhi RTO informed me that NOC can't be canceled in any way since the car is diesel and registered in 2008. So it's blacklisted in Delhi because it has crossed 2018 though the RC says 2023. What to do now?
My friend's dad had a transport business in Haryana.He owned a heavy goods vehicle (commercial) registered with one of the RTO in Haryana with the business place address in RC. His dad is no more and my friend wants to get that vehicle transferred in his mother's name. PLEASE CLEAR MY FOLLOWING DOUBTS. 1. HE wants that vehicle to be transferred under the same RTO but how will he produce address proof for RC? Will rent agreement helpful? 2. The Death certificate is produced in another state and also the legal hiers are the resident of another state, will it cause a problem? 3. While filling the form 31, what should be filled as address, the permanent residence or the business place?