Answered on December 22,2017
One person company registration involves the following steps.
- Name reservation: Form INC-1 shall be filed for name availability.
- Incorporate OPC: After name approval, form INC-2 shall be filed for incorporation of the OPC within 60 days of filing form INC-1.
- Form DIR-12 shall be filed along with (linked) form INC-2 except when promoter is the sole director of the OPC.
- The company shall file form INC-22 within 30 days once form INC-2 is registered in case the address of correspondence and registered office address are not same.
Answered on February 11,2019
Follow the below steps to register a One Person Company
- Obtain Digital Signature Certificate [DSC] for the proposed Director: For the process of obtaining the DSC, you have to provide Aadhaar card, PAN card and passport size photo
- Apply for Director Identification Number (DIN): The next step is to apply DIN of the proposed Director in SPICe form along with the name and the address proof of the director.
- Company name approval: Select the name of your company and make an application to the Ministry of Corporate Office for the availability of the name. This can also be done through RUN (Reserve Unique Name).
- Once you are done with all the above step you have to draft Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Next step is to fill all the forms, sign and file including MOA & AOA with the Registrar of Companies and upload to the MCA site for approval.
- Once you are done with all the steps, the verification will be done and the Registrar of Companies (ROC) will issue a Certificate of Incorporation to start your business.