Answered on August 30,2019
You can get a passport within 2-3 working days of applying for it if an annexure document declaring that no criminal case is pending against him or her is attached, Kuthati added.
This e-annexure is available on the passport website and an applicant needs to download this and submit it along with the application. In addition to it, any three out of the 13 government documents listed on the website (like Election Commission card, pan card and Aadhaar card) needs to be submitted.
The passports will be issued and the police verification process would be done later in such instances. There is no need to apply via Tatkal and pay any additional fee for quicker processing if applicants use the e-annexure.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & DeliveryA passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
Click here to get a detailed guide
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.