Answered on December 27,2017
The Indian government provides several benefits to senior citizens through its various schemes. An identity card called Senior Citizen ID Card can help you avail these facilities like tax benefits, travel and healthcare concessions etc. This card also serves the purpose of being an authentic and genuine proof for date of birth and address; valid for a lifetime.
The Deputy Director of the Women and Child Development Department identifies NGOs in each district to issue these Identity Cards to senior citizens. The Senior Citizen Certificate can also be obtained from the concerned Tehsildar of the particular area.
- How to apply for Senior Citizen pension in Karnataka and what is the age limit?
- I am a senior citizen and the length of income tax return form 2 or ITR 2 is worrying. Is it necessary for a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) to fill the Schedule of FSI, tax relief (TR), Foreign Assets (FA)?
- My total income 4 lakhs. Senior citizen. Income tax filing is must or not ?
- I am a senior citizen was doing insurance business and rental income filed ITR 3 for few years. Last year no income from insurance, filed ITR1. This year participated in TCS buy back (IPO). I have to file ITR2?
- I have sold my plot of 500 sq yds in April 2021 for Rs 37.50 lakhs and I am a senior citizen. Do I have to pay income tax as I have no income except from GST sales in business as manufacturers?
- How to check the Senior citizenship application status in Karnataka?
- Upto what amount ceiling fixed for senior citizenship pension in Kerala?