Answered on December 27,2017
The Indian government provides several benefits to senior citizens through its various schemes. An identity card called Senior Citizen ID Card can help you avail these facilities like tax benefits, travel and healthcare concessions etc. This card also serves the purpose of being an authentic and genuine proof for date of birth and address; valid for a lifetime.
The Deputy Director of the Women and Child Development Department identifies NGOs in each district to issue these Identity Cards to senior citizens. The Senior Citizen Certificate can also be obtained from the concerned Tehsildar of the particular area.
- My mother's senior citizen card has her father in law name mentioned as “S/O: father in law”. Bangalore one concerned staff mentioned that can not be changed. What is the solution to get is corrected? Write Answer
- How to get duplicate MTC senior citizen Id card as I lost it? Write Answer
- How to update my residential address on Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- Can we change the address online in Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- Mare vay vandana sahay Levi rite Malse.Muje siniyar citizan card chahiye ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.