Answered on March 03,2018
Passport Seva Kendras are extended arms of Passport Offices and render front-end services related to passport issuance. These Kendras cover functionalities from token issuance to granting of application for passport issue/re-issue and other services.
Passport Offices (PO) are vested with the authority to issue passports, besides revocation and impounding and exercise control over the PSK(s) under them. They handle all back-end functions required for processing all passport applications. The POs are responsible for (i) printing (ii) lamination (iii) dispatch of Passports,(iv) liaison with MEA Hqs, state /UT admn and police, (v) PVR review, (vi) besides attending to (i) establishment matters, (ii) legal cases, (iii) RTI cases and (iv) financial matters.
- Passport Seva website is not able to fetch my aadhaar from Digilocker. I am getting the error "Please upload a valid pdf file". Passport Seva was able to fetch my Class XII passing certificate from Digilocker. Only facing the issue with aadhar.What to do?
- What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
- In my 10th class DMC, my father name is without surname. And on my adhar card, surname is there. Will there be any problem regarding this in passport verification?
- My passport is going to finish its validity/expire in September 2023. Should I apply for Reissue or Renewal of passport? Does it take police verification for this process. I am in Saudi Arabia.
- I have submitted passport application on the behalf of my mother today. By mistake, I have selected graduate and above while my mother is 12th pass out, what will happen in this case?
- My first name and last name are jumbled in my Aadhaar card and passport. Will this be an issue?
- Why is my passport delayed?
Top contributors this week
Start Any Business
MIVA Real Estate
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.