Answered on March 03,2018
Passport Seva Kendras are extended arms of Passport Offices and render front-end services related to passport issuance. These Kendras cover functionalities from token issuance to granting of application for passport issue/re-issue and other services.
Passport Offices (PO) are vested with the authority to issue passports, besides revocation and impounding and exercise control over the PSK(s) under them. They handle all back-end functions required for processing all passport applications. The POs are responsible for (i) printing (ii) lamination (iii) dispatch of Passports,(iv) liaison with MEA Hqs, state /UT admn and police, (v) PVR review, (vi) besides attending to (i) establishment matters, (ii) legal cases, (iii) RTI cases and (iv) financial matters.
- Is passport available on the Digilocker app?
- Can I make a rental agreement of my previous rental house in which I am no longer staying? That is a document showing that I lived there for a certain period of time as a proof to show to passport authorities?
- Can I use my 10th and 12th marksheet in digilocker as verification document for fresh passport issuance?
- I did not add my 10th mark sheet to my passport. but I want to add it and I'm unaware of the procedure. How to add my 10th mark sheet and change my ENCR ?
- I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
- What are the procedures to change my name on passport ?
- Is it possible to change my signature in passport ?