Answered on February 13,2019
You are a Service Voter if You are
- in the Armed Forces of India
- from Assam Rifles, CRPF, BSF, ITBF; GREF in Border Road Organisation; Central Industrial Security Force
- employed under the Government of India, in a post outside India
- member of an Armed Police Force of a State, and serving outside that state
Wife of a Service Voter, if she is ordinarily residing with him, shall also be eligible to be enrolled in the part meant for Service Voters in the constituency concerned. This facility is not available to the husband of a female service voter under the existing law.
Points to remember
- While wife can be enrolled as Service Voter, a son / daughter cannot be enrolled as Service Voter
- No person can be enrolled on more than one electoral roll i.e. when you enrol as a service voter you have to submit a declaration - that you did not get enrolled as a general elector
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- What should I select as the relation type of I want to apply for Voter id with the epic of my uncle (blood-related to my father)? My mother and father do not have epic number Write Answer
- How can apply new voter id in tamilnadu and what's are the documents to be needed? Write Answer
- How many days to get corrected epic? Write Answer
- Why I am not able to download my epic which is approved? Write Answer
- How many days take to change adress in voter id by nvsp portal online mode? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.