Answered on February 03,2018
Following documents are required for getting senior citizen ID card.
- Proof of age (one of the following):
- Birth certificate
- School/college leaving certificate
- Election card
- Passport (not expired)
- PAN Card or pension card
- If none available, obtain doctor’s certificate only from Government Hospitals or Municipal Dispensary regarding age.
- Proof of name: The name given on the form should be the same as indicated in the supporting document. If the name has changed, proof of Govt. Gazette publication should be submitted or marriage certificate produced.
- Proof of residence: In order of preference: ration card or valid passport or election card.
- Doctor’s certificate: Required for blood group, illness/diseases, medication in use, and medication allergies. The certificate has to be on the doctor’s letterhead with his/her signature, stamp & registration number, a practitioner of Indian medicine with register number can also certify.
- Photographs: 3 stamp size photos. Stick 2 photos on white form and stick 1 photo on the pink form.
- Rs.50/- (official government charge)