Answered on February 03,2018
Following documents are required for getting senior citizen ID card.
- Proof of age (one of the following):
- Birth certificate
- School/college leaving certificate
- Election card
- Passport (not expired)
- PAN Card or pension card
- If none available, obtain doctor’s certificate only from Government Hospitals or Municipal Dispensary regarding age.
- Proof of name: The name given on the form should be the same as indicated in the supporting document. If the name has changed, proof of Govt. Gazette publication should be submitted or marriage certificate produced.
- Proof of residence: In order of preference: ration card or valid passport or election card.
- Doctor’s certificate: Required for blood group, illness/diseases, medication in use, and medication allergies. The certificate has to be on the doctor’s letterhead with his/her signature, stamp & registration number, a practitioner of Indian medicine with register number can also certify.
- Photographs: 3 stamp size photos. Stick 2 photos on white form and stick 1 photo on the pink form.
- Rs.50/- (official government charge)
- How to get duplicate MTC senior citizen Id card as I lost it? Write Answer
- I had applied for senior citizen card in Karnataka and have the acknowledgment number. However, agent through sponsored official who came to my residence and took the documents while registering here itself. I have not got the senior citizen card yet though I have my registered application reference.How to get my senior citizen card? Write Answer
- How to update my residential address on Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- Can we change the address online in Karnataka senior citizen card? Write Answer
- I lost my grandmother senior citizen card. But I have a photo of a card. How to download the card or how to get the virtual card in Karnataka? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.